Menu

matlab mex build not working on linux

Anonymous
2013-06-25
2013-10-13
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-06-25

Hi,

I'm having trouble building the matlab interface. I managed to get it building on linux, but only after removing the --mex option to the mex compiler from here

http://sourceforge.net/p/geographiclib/code/ci/master/tree/matlab/CMakeLists.txt#l55

As far as I can tell --mex is specific to octave's mkoctfile?

The cmake command used was

cmake $geographic_src -DMATLAB_COMPILER:STRING=mex -DGEOGRAPHICLIB_EXAMPLES:BOOL=OFF -DGEOGRAPHIC_SHARED_LIB:BOOL=OFF -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-fPIC

(Side notes: -fPIC is required when building a geographiclib which can be linked into mex shared objects on linux and the -Wl,-rpath stuff in the matlab add_custom_command should be unnecessary in this case.)

All in all, very nice bindings :)
    ~Chris F.

• Charles Karney

Charles Karney - 2013-06-26

I believe this problem is already fixed in the devel branch. Please check out this branch and verify. Please suggest changes to include the -fPIC flag where appropriate. I anticipate making a release in about 2 weeks.

--Charles

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-06-26

Ah very nice. Most projects I follow use master as the development branch, so I didn't realise you'd already fixed this.

Attached is a patch to enable position independent code and remove the mex rpath when building GeographicLib statically.

~Chris

• Charles Karney

Charles Karney - 2013-10-13

This is fixed in GeographicLib version 1.31.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel