Menu

Welcome to GeoDMA forum

Help
2009-04-06
2013-04-03
  • Thales Sehn Körting

Hi, in this forum you can post your doubts, software bugs and so on.

Best regards,
    Thales Sehn Korting
    GeoDMA

• Erik Lindquist

Erik Lindquist - 2009-07-09

Hi Thales,

You are doing some excellent work.  I was wondering if geoDMA .9 is compatible with TerraView 3.3.1?  If so, how does one go about inserting the plugin?

Many thanks for your help.

Erik

• Thales Sehn Körting

Hi Erik!
        We are working to make GeoDMA available for TerraView 3.3.1, however it is not yet compatible, since we still use TerraLib 3.2.0.

Best Regards!

• Erik Lindquist

Erik Lindquist - 2009-07-09

Hi Thales.

Thank you for responding!  Can I run the GeoDMA using the TerraView.exe file that comes with the GeoDMA download?  I also have TerraView 3.3.1 loaded on my system and TerraLib.  I've been able to run GeoDMA with the above-mentioned .exe file but I get some funny behavior with it - especially the Baatz segmentation algorithm - and it does not always close down correctly.  Do you have any suggestions about how to run the plugin?  Is there a way to download an older version of TerraView and install that instead?  Thank you so much for any help!

Erik

• Thales Sehn Körting

Hi Erik!
            Yes, you can use the .exe file that comes with the GeoDMA download. Now you cannot use your database for TerraView 3.3.1 with GeoDMA.
            About the Baatz segmentation, we are working to make GeoDMA compatible with the latest version of TerraLib, on which segmentation algorithms are improved.
            Can you describe how the system closed uncorrectly?
            Regards,
            Thales

• Erik Lindquist

Erik Lindquist - 2009-08-03

Hi Thales,

sorry for the long time since responding.  I have had to step away from my project for a few weeks to work on some other things so haven't been able to re-create the closing problem.  However, I see that a new version of the software has been released now!  I will give that a try!

• Erik Lindquist

Erik Lindquist - 2009-08-03

Hi again Thales

using the new plugin, I have a couple of questions - does this plugin work equally well with all databases or should I favor one over the other?  I have both PostGre(Gis) and MySQL loaded on my machine and I get different issues with each one I try.  Also, the Baatz segmentation loses spatial reference when the polygons are output.  I know this was a bug in the TerraLib code that has since been fixed (the PDISegmentationBaatz library, I think).  Is GeoDMA possibly referencing the older code for the Baatz segmentation? 

More immediately, when I run region growing segmentation and then try to extract attributes from the polygons I get the error:  Problem to find polygons primary key index

I am using PostGres for this and I don't understand what could be causing the problem.

Thanks so much for your assistance with this!

Best,

Erik

• Thales Sehn Körting

Hi Erik!

About the database, when you change to TerraView 3.3.0 it changes your database, and you cannot open it on TerraView 3.2.0 anymore.

The Baatz segmentation wasn't working well in the previous version of GeoDMA. However, if you want to try, change the file terralibpdi.dll in the GeoDMA_010 directory to the terralibpdi.dll found in the directory GeoDMA_009, for example.

And about the problem to find indexes, I am looking for the solution.

If you prefer, try to create a new database, insert your images again and start GeoDMA to compare the performance.

Best regards,
                  Thales