Dev Mailing List?

Ed Ridpath
2004-08-24
2004-09-04
  • Ed Ridpath

Ed Ridpath - 2004-08-24

Although we have used the forum to post, and I do have them forwarded to my email, would there be value to a mailing list either in additon to or instead of using the forums?  Comments welcome.

• Robert Bell

Robert Bell - 2004-08-31

I much prefer a mail list. Just because it takes 30 seconds to clcik reply versus going to the SF site finding the thread and posting a reply.  If SF doesnt provide mail lists we could use Yahoo Groups or somthing similar.  Just my .02

• Nick Charsley

Nick Charsley - 2004-08-31

I think a mailing list instead of the forums would work well. I currently get the Forums forwarded by email so I can have an off line record. To be able to manage it all without visiting Sourceforge would be beneficial.

• Ed Ridpath

Ed Ridpath - 2004-09-01

The mailing list is now up and running - check out the mailing section of sourceforge.

• Tom Morris

Tom Morris - 2004-09-03

OK, so now that we've got three places for stuff, how 'bout a recap of which things go where...

• Ed Ridpath

Ed Ridpath - 2004-09-04

Good point - I see the mailing list taking the place of the developer's forum, especailly as the project picks up the pace in design and coding.  I think the Public Forum is a good place to air general thoughts, and more or less show the overall activity and direction  of the project.

I intend to monitor and respond in all the forums and the mailing list, but will lean to the mailing list for day-to-day posts.  I am open to other ideas, and if/when we build a testing and user community, we may have to expand the options.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks