One small fix:
-  Uninstaller now checks if geeklauncher is running
One feature request:
-  The ability to add urls (http, https, ftp, telnet)
You can also drag and drop from IE and Firefox
When I released the first beta of Geek Launcher, 10 days ago, I wasn't expecting that I would receive any comments at all. But since my news item was on the frontpage of SF.net, I had 3 feature request and 1 bug report.
Geek launcher also ended up on softpedia, thanks to this.
I made some changes and fixed a few bugs, so now I've released beta 2.
- FIX  Error shutting down on XP
- FIX Notify icon showing "notifyIcon1" in stead of "Geek Launcher"
- ADD  Control interface font/icon size
- ADD Support for the browsing with the following keys: PageUp, PageDown, Home, End
I was mailed that a resource dll file was missing while compiling Geek Launcher from source. So I checked it and found out that I forgot to add the file called SmartIO.dll, which is used for reading and writing to a stream.
The sourcefile in the download section now contains the dll file. The source for the dll file is available on my svn server: http://svn.demontpx.com/demontpxlibs/smartio/trunk/
Quickly launch applications with a few keystrokes.
First public beta release.
- Quicky launch applications
- Add application by dragging links into it
- Easly keyboard controllable
- Hotkey to show the launch screen (default: WinKey + Q)