Solution File

Help
DougC
2008-06-16
2013-04-29
  • DougC

DougC - 2008-06-16

Hi,

I am very interested in this project. I want to build a web-based family tree app for my website - possibly using Silverlight for the UI. I am more of a web developer and I'm having some difficulties in getting the app setup in VS2008. Could you please provide instructions or the SLN file?

Thanks!
    Doug

• David A Knight

David A Knight - 2008-06-21

The next release will have a sln file as the Linux IDE I use is moving over to using VS style solutions / projects.  As such the current version in subversion already has this.  If you install TortoiseSVN you can get the latest code with the sln file from subversion very easily.

The solution is unlikely to build under visual studio without disabling 2 of the projects from the build configuration, Gedcom.UI.GTK and Gedcom.UI.GTK.Widgets which are the GTK interface for Linux.

• David A Knight

David A Knight - 2008-06-23

I have just commited a change to the solution file / projects.

There are now 2 new build configurations:

Debug - VS
        Release - VS

These configurations do not build the GTK projects, or the Tests project which requires nunit and so are for use with Visual Studio.

I've also fixed the missing project dependancies so it should all build in one go now instead of requiring multiple builds to actually get everything built.

• David A Knight

David A Knight - 2008-08-10

The new 0.5 release uses vs2008 solution/project files so should open fine in visual studio or alpha/beta versions of monodevelop 2.