Kindly help me

pat2007
2007-05-25
2013-04-19
  • pat2007

pat2007 - 2007-05-25

Hi ,
    I'm building an application that will be based on asp.net.
    As per my client requirement there are some kml file in the archive folder.
    And if my user has created one kml file and then on the basis of longitude and latitude this new file would be coming under the
    archived file while the archived kml file has opened.

Let me give an example:
    say there is a kml file for region A.(latitude say 36 n to 40 n and longitude is 110 w to 115 w)

Now if a new kml file(A1.kml) that has been created by the user and say its latitude and longitude are respectively 37n and 112w
    As we clicked A.kml, google earth is opened up for the region A and as we move our mouse cursor to more deeper more polygons are visible.
    eventually polygon for A1.kml is also visible and definitely which is inside the polygon for region A.
    How can I achieve this thing ?
    Try to summerise again:
    If someone created a kml file say for some part of Las Vegas
    now my clent requirement is like that if someone opens google earth
    and go to Las Vegas .... a highlighted polygon will be for the newly
    added KML file

I simply can't understand how do I proceed?

• boseefus

boseefus - 2007-05-26

If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you want <features> to show up dynamically based on the <region> that the user is looking at.  Study those two concepts in the Google KML API (http://code.google.com/apis/kml/documentation/kml_tags_21.html) to help better understand how they work. 

You would have to generate a root document (a.kml) that defines what <regions> the content of the other .kml files (aX.kml) should appear.  These other kml files should either be merged into the original a.kml dynamically by a process on your server, or you should incude a <NetworkLink> for each file in a.kml that can display them on the fly.

You could also view things dynamically by using the <viewFormat> features with a <NetworkLink> and have your webserver dynamically generate kml content based on the query string parameters passed to it by Google Earth after each time the user changes their view.

If it were me, I would probably choose the later option.  This can be a very confusing and complex scenario...

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks