Werocia glossary&terms

Werocia
B0rsuk
2005-05-25
2013-05-29
  • B0rsuk

B0rsuk - 2005-05-25

Hey

This topic is meant to gather all terms used in Werocia card game.
    Some of mtg terms need to be replaced because we may run into copyright problems otherwise.

If you think some other terms could be useful, discuss.
    ---------------------

Some of my proposals:

tap --> flip
    untap --> unflip
    artifact --> relic
    artifact creature --> construct

Main phase --> cast phase
    Sorcery --> ritual          (these spells can be cast only during your cast phase, so I guess the name fits)

Stack --> queue (why not just heap? - B0rsuk)

• Jazz Fusion

Jazz Fusion - 2005-06-28

Just the simple changing of names could really set werocia apart from other CCGs or at least make people think so. This is good.

I dislike the name "Construct". I was thinking that In magic, artifact creatures tend to actually be artifacts, like golems and ornithopters. What if in Werocia instead of artifact creatures or "Constructs" as you put it,  we just had colorless creatures, or nonaligned creatures. Then they wouldn't all have to be mechanical. They could just be neutral to the factions, or mabey they fight for either side.

• B0rsuk

B0rsuk - 2005-06-30

I've been thinking about dropping all this "artifact creature" business, and adding Outlaws/Heretics instead. Outlaws wouldn't be aligned with any color, and could serve as mercenaries.

While it's appealing at first, some problems arise if you want to make cards that specifically target outlaws ("artifact creatures"). How to justify such cards ? There are ways to do that,  and I could develop a card for each faction, but it wouldn't run too far I'm afraid.

White - Guard patrol (destroys outlaws)
      Black - Eradicate
      Red - Slave Hunters

The concept is that because they're outlaws, no one realyl cares/defends them and factions/colors can use much more radical/rutless stuff to fight them (think about weapons of mass destrucion in modern world...)

• uresti

uresti - 2006-01-06

green: Rangers?

• Gustavo Hexsel

Gustavo Hexsel - 2006-01-08

Why not just Mercenaries?

[]s Gus

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks