This year we have been using GCC with ICI within several projects (including MILEPOST) and got different feedback so I managed to get an expert engineer at INRIA who will start working with me from the 1st of December to add the following new features to the ICI:
- port current ICI to GCC 4.4 (with GRAPHITE support)
- support IPA pass selection and reordering
- provide dependencies between passes
- provide global/fine-grain cost model tuning (individual transformations)
- provide ability for code instrumentation (adding external function calls, external libraries, adding data arrays for split-compilation, etc)
- port to GCC4CIL
- change machine description through ICI
Our current plan is to release the new version at the beginning of 2009.
By the way, I would like to thank the following colleagues for interesting discussions and feedback: Michael O'Boyle, Francois Bodin, Tim Jones, Christophe Dubach, Edwin Bonilla, John Thomson,
Bjorn Franke and many others.
Grigori Fursin, PhD
INRIA Saclay, France
http://unidapt.org - tackling the complexity of
future computing systems using machine learning
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.