Menu

Default 18f configs in new DAT files?

kent_twt4
2018-04-24
2018-04-24
  • kent_twt4

kent_twt4 - 2018-04-24

Noticed latest dat file for 18f have a new? default config settings. So now ALL 18f's will have LVP=ON as default, and ALL past (extensive)code catalog will need to add LVP=OFF to work with new release? As you might guess, I do not have any of the new demo boards that require LVP=ON.

EDIT: I stand corrected, not a problem...

Last edit: kent_twt4 2018-04-24
    • Anobium

Anobium - 2018-04-24

Let me explain.

When we release v0.98.02 you will be able to override this specific config - you will be able to override others also.

In the next release we have hugely improved the programming capability giving you specific config controls to enable you to switch programmers with ease.

You will be provided a new User Interface (UI) and the new UI supports the defaults like LVP.

All that said... where are you seeing this change? I just went back to the 20th April 2015 release and the default was LVP=ON back then - I have a attached a file containing the LVP for .dat in 2015. I found no 18f with LVP=OFF.

Last edit: Anobium 2018-04-24
  • kent_twt4

kent_twt4 - 2018-04-24

Well you are quite right, and I have had no problem with programming the 18f's either. So much todo about nothing, so I am begging your pardon. The gray matter not working properly this morning.

• Anobium

Anobium - 2018-04-24

No problem.

You have now introduced the world to the new UI!

:-)

• Moto Geek

Moto Geek - 2018-04-24

Well, this is exciting news!

• Anobium

Anobium - 2018-04-24

It is.

The new UI controls the following:

1. The compiler defaults
      2. The configuration of your programmers - I have lots installed and the new tool allows you to control by i) logic or by ii)explicit choose. You can add rules for types of chips and you can set config like LVP for specific programmers.
      3. You can change the programming parameters via a tool varialbles - very useful when updating MPLAB-IPE!!! from one version to the next!!

We will need your support to test - it is coming very soon!

Last edit: Anobium 2018-04-24
  • Moto Geek

Moto Geek - 2018-04-24

this looks very cool. Can't wait to try it out! pickit3plus too.