Menu

PPS Tool - enhancement request

2018-08-21
2018-11-16
  • George Towler

George Towler - 2018-08-21

MOD please move is this not in the correct place.

First up, great tool Peter, so nice to get rid of MPLabX (or however they capitalise it).

One thing would make it even easier to use would be if the pin and peripheral added, were then removed from their respective drop down combobox's.

As you are automatically adding the bi-directional pin to I2C that wont be a problem.

Thanks again for the super tool.

George

• Anobium

Anobium - 2018-08-21

Hi George.

Not a change that would work for all users. I have cases where I need PPS on two pins. The new 16f188446 proto board needs serial/TX on two ports. So, removing would prevent this.

• Chris Roper

Chris Roper - 2018-08-21

It could possibly also interfere with The Configurable Logic Cell (CLC) as that allows one pin to be defined as both an output of one peripheral and the input to another simultaneously.

• stan cartwright

stan cartwright - 2018-08-21

Sorry, but it's confusing enough sorting one pins function to do one function...sometimes...

• George Towler

George Towler - 2018-09-14

Not a change that would work for all users. I have cases where I need PPS on two pins. The new 16f188446 proto board needs serial/TX on two ports. So, removing would prevent this.

I didn't know you could clone a pin, wouldn't that be weird for an input?

While the remarks from Anobium, Stan and Chris are totally valid, would it not be possible to add an option?

Last edit: George Towler 2018-09-14
    • Anobium

Anobium - 2018-09-14

@George. We will look that the resquest again. Give us a few days.

• Peter

Peter - 2018-09-17

George,

I've just released an updated version of the PPS Tool. You can download it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pps-tool/files/

Among the changes is highlighting of the pins/peripherals that you have already assigned to hopefully make it easier to spot in the dropdown lists.

• George Towler

George Towler - 2018-11-16

Oops, sorry I forgot to thanks you for the mod, most apreciated.