Menu

R: [gcbasic:discussion] R: [gcbasic:discussion] Software Serial TX baud rates are incorrect.

Max
2014-06-26
2014-06-28
  • Max

Max - 2014-06-26

William

thanks for explanation.

best regard

Massimo

----Messaggio originale----
    Da: williamroth@users.sf.net
    Data: 25/06/2014 15.22
    A: "[gcbasic:discussion] "596084@discussion.gcbasic.p.re.sf.net
    Ogg: [gcbasic:discussion] R: [gcbasic:discussion] Software Serial TX baud rates are incorrect.

When "Normal" is used in "initSer" , the data is incorrect.

"Invert" must always be used "initSer". Even with normal or true RS232. If the signal needs to be inverted RS232, the serial data is inverted by swapping the values of define SendAHigh and define SendALow.

R: [gcbasic:discussion] Software Serial TX baud rates are
    incorrect.

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/gcbasic/discussion/596084/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

• Chuck Hellebuyck

I never understood that setup.
    Why is there an invert or normal setting in addition to the Send High and Low setup option.
    Seems redundant.

• William Roth

William Roth - 2014-06-28

Best I can tell with a Logic Analyzer is that "normal" actually inverts the data bits from standard RS-232, while "invert" is correct. However "normal" does not invert the start bit or the idle state. This makes the data invalid according to RS232-standards.

In standard RS232 (non-inverted) or "true", the data line idles high. A stop bit is a low, while a data "1" is a high and a data "0" is a low. You can never achieve this in "normal" regardless of how the SendAhigh/SendaLow values are set.

In Inverted RS-232, the data line idles low, a stop bit is a high, while a data "1" is a low and a data "0" is a high. You can also never achieve this in "normal" regardless of of how the SendAHigh/SendAlow values are setup.

I see no purpose for "normal" as it only formats the data incorrectly from standard usage.

Last edit: William Roth 2014-06-28