New Help - Web site can be reviewed

Help
Anobium
2016-02-15
2016-02-27
  • Anobium

Anobium - 2016-02-15

http://gcbasic.sourceforge.net/temp/Help/gcbasic/

A number of the team have been developing a new Help File, new Help Web site, offline Help in HTML5 and a Help file as a PDF.

Following the link about to review the Help.

Would like your feedback - I am sure we have things you want to be included - this is your time to get involved.

Last edit: Anobium 2016-02-15
  • Frank Steinberg

Frank Steinberg - 2016-02-15

Great!

I like the clear design, I like the colors.

One small blemish, you may have copied from my faulty comments in timer.h:

Help for Timer1:

"On AVR ATtiny15/25/45/85/216/461/861 microcontrollers prescaler must be one of the following constants:"

... has to be ...

"On AVR ATtiny15/25/45/85/261/461/861 microcontrollers prescaler must be one of the following constants:"

Sorry
    Frank

• Anobium

Anobium - 2016-02-15

Timers is the only section that is 'work in progress'. I have to update that section.

Good catch.

• T. Lee Davidson

T. Lee Davidson - 2016-02-15

Yes, it looks great.

I like the Search feature, and how the text in the header changes to indicate what section of the contents the selected search item was found. And, switching back to Contents shows that same item/section highlighted.

Awesome.

One thing, though. Is it possible to put "Search Highlighter (On/Off)" above the search results?

Last edit: T. Lee Davidson 2016-02-15
    • Anobium

Anobium - 2016-02-15

We can ask for the feature. These templates are part of the toolkit built by Jacques Nilo. I will have to defer to his knowledge and willingness.

Great feedback. Jaques, Mike, Marc, William and myself have been busy hacking through this.

:-)

• kent_twt4

kent_twt4 - 2016-02-15

Looking good! The font seems a bit on the small side? Clicking to expand a command, and then clicking on a subset command sends the Contents view back to the top.

• lhatch

lhatch - 2016-02-16

If the search was at the top, you could hide the TOC sidebar ans search, that would be nice. Just a though, just will get more on the screen if you know the command.

I did not see a link to the PDF manual, could someone post one. I like having it local in case I have not internet at the time.

• Anobium

Anobium - 2016-02-16

The layout is is in the gift of Jaques.

PDF is in draft. I can let you have an early copy but the IDE is always offline... so, what am I overlooking? What is your offline usage then is different from the offline CHM file that is part of the IDE?

• lhatch

lhatch - 2016-02-16

I do not use the IDE. I open the chm and you a text editor and batch file to assemble and burn to the Pic Kit2

• Anobium

Anobium - 2016-02-16

OK. PDF is in draft. If you send me a personal message - I will send you the draft.

IDE is very good. Helpers, direct access to Help, syntax checking, error checking..... etc etc.