Menu

March 2015 Hot Release!! Download, read the release notes and test!! We want to package up as a distribution soon.

Anobium
2015-04-02
2015-10-03
  • Anobium

Anobium - 2015-04-02

We have just posted a new Hot Release of the Great Cow Basic and Great Cow Graphical Basic

This is the latest build, v0.94, download here

If you have issues with the release please DO NOT post to the forums you MUST post to the Support section of the Forum.
    * For bugs in the release - https://sourceforge.net/p/gcbasic/bugs/
    * For feature requests and/or changes to the release - https://sourceforge.net/p/gcbasic/feature-requests/

Read the release notes first! We have been honest and open. Not everything is fixed but read before asking!

This release is brought to you by, in no specific order:
    Hugh Considine (of course!), Evan Venn, Theo Loermans, William Roth, Kent Schafer, Jacque Erdermaal, Thomas Henry, Perry Weinthal, Marco Cariboni, Avast, Chuck Hellebuyck, Frank Steinberg, Jim Nordquist.

I am sure there are others. If I missed your name - please let us know, truly sorry.

@31/3/2015
    The Hot release of Great Cow Graphical Basic v0.94 includes:

* A new release of GCB@SYN including Pickit driver set.
    * A pre-release version of the new Great Cow Graphical Basic User Interface that supports the review of the demonstration files and the new chip change configuration.
    * Improved support for AVR.
    * Improved Help File.
    * ~160 demonstration files.
    * Rationalization of the files provided in terms of documentation.
    * A host of new functionality with ~90 enhancements or fixes.  See the release note for the details.
    * Changes to memory management, tables and arrays
    * A larger set of supported hardware via the include files.
    * Improved LATx support. LATx is now in-built to the Microchip compiler.
    * Improved LCD driver and LCD performance including two new I2C LCD drivers.
    * We have improved GLCD handling with five types of GLCD supported, see the help file for Common Anode Support
    * I2C and TWI hardware support for Microchip and AVR respectively.  
    * A host of commands!! Check out the Help File!

This is a Hot Release - please test!

But, essentially, if it not shown in the release note.... We have not got round to fixing it yet.

@from lots of us!

Last edit: Anobium 2015-04-02
  • gcha44

gcha44 - 2015-05-15

Since a few days I try to download the last Great Cow Basic hot release and each time the download stops at 66% . Do you know where is the problem? Thanks Anobium.

• gcha44

gcha44 - 2015-05-15

Thanks. I tried this link but the result is the same: the download stops at 66%. I don't understand where is the bug (my OS is Windows 8.1 with Avast antivirus)

• Anobium

Anobium - 2015-05-15

Hugh just tried from Australia. I am in the UK. This is odd.

Do you have dropbox? Send me an IM to link up and I will put in dropbox as temp measure. We have a lot of daily downloads so this is odd.

Avast.... they did have an issue in March. They worked with me to fix. Update Avast please.

• gcha44

gcha44 - 2015-05-15

Problem solved . It seems that the failure whas attributable to the antivirus, but I had any warning. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.