Menu

Byte declaration request

Marcoos
2014-01-30
2014-01-30
  • Marcoos

Marcoos - 2014-01-30

I had a problem compiling a program because I had called for a typing error, a variable (Bytes) with 2 different names, such as "billy" "billly", the program contains 93 variables, and I lost a lot of time to figure out the error.
    What I ask is to add in the next update, a compilation option where you can request to declare the variables must also byte, so that this can not happen.
    There is a workaround, going to check the list of variables in the file list, and that's what I did to solve my problem, but it is uncomfortable and not entirely conclusive.
    What initially seems a big convenience, turns out to be a big handicap.
    Thank for your work, Marco

• Anobium

Anobium - 2014-01-30

This is on the 'todo' list. I called this OPTION EXPLICIT - if you use the config statement OPTION EXPLICIT you will be forced to DIM all variables. This is a slightly different approach to but with a new config statement we can maintain backwards compatibility.

Timeline for this... don't know. I am currently working on enhancements on STRINGS.H.

• Marcoos

Marcoos - 2014-01-30

Great that's just what I thought it was possible to implement, I can also ask when you think it will be released next update of the compiler?, It seems to me that several issues have been addressed.
    Thank you for your courtesy.
    Marco