Menu

Adding a Programmer

2012-06-16
2013-05-30
  • Chuck Hellebuyck

I'm trying to add the autopickit from Timothy Weber (http://timothyweber.org/autopickit)  to the GCGB programmer list so I can launch the PICKit 2 GUI automatically. It works fine to launch the GUI but it never can find the .hex file. It seems to be some kind of path definition issue with the %FileName% parameter.

Does this give the full path name to the file?
    If not, is there a way to get that?

Why do I want this?
    Having the GUI running instead of using the PK2CMD gives me the Logic Analyzer and UART Terminal built into PICkit 2 after I program.
    Having it launch automatically would be great.
    I know I can use the auto import hex feature as well but that requires several steps to start and this would make it automatic.

• Keith

Keith - 2012-06-16

Hi, I don't know if this will help ofr confuse you more but it's worth a look. What was explained to me after post 13 on the page allowed me to program my PicKit 2 directly from my GSyn IDE the deatal are on :

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gcbasic/forums/forum/629990/topic/4769315

Good Luck
    Keith

• Chuck Hellebuyck

Thanks but I'm trying to figure this out for the GCGB IDE. It uses the %FileName% as the parameter for the .hex file but I cannot find if that is the full path name or just the file. It a ppears to be just the file.
    The GSyn IDE uses the %2 variable which is the full path name per the readme.
    The GSsyn is interesting though.

• Hugh Considine

Hugh Considine - 2012-06-17

%FileName% will give you the full path name for the file. Having spaces in the filename can sometimes cause trouble, because the program receiving the command can't work out where the filename ends and other parameters start. One way around this is to use double quotes around the filename (for example, "%Filename%"). Another option is to use the short filename, which you can get with %Shortname%.

• Keith

Keith - 2012-06-17

Have a go with the GSyn IDE, I think it is 'FANBLOODYTASTIC' and it is FREE ! GCB Graphical is an excellent tool also, especially during the initial project development, ideal for capturing your idea and putting some bones in place. Hats – Off to those who developed GC Basic, The graphic IDE and to Alex at SynWrite for giving us many hours of their dedicated skills for free.     

• Chuck Hellebuyck

Hugh,
    As usual your response was spot-on. I had spaces in the directory name. Once I eliminated the spaces it worked perfectly.
    I can now launch the PICkit 2 GUI with one click compile/program/and access to UART/Logic Analyzer

Keith,
    You said it perfectly. What Hugh created in GCB is fantastic. The GSyn is also awesome.

• terry

terry - 2013-01-14

can someone put the command line parameters up for gcgb  that connects it to the pic kit to please

• terry

terry - 2013-01-14

can someone put the command line parameters up for gcgb  that connects it to the pic kit to please

• Chuck Hellebuyck

How do you want to drive the PICkit 2?
    Through the GUI or through the command line?