Menu

Application error

2011-01-19
2013-05-30
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello Guys,

I am getting Application error when i run GCGB, It says "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000135). Click OK to terminate the application" when i click ok nothing happens.

Thanks

• Bill Ashlock

Bill Ashlock - 2011-02-02

I am getting the same application error as above (0xc0000135) after loading GCGB but only on my computer running  Windows XP. My computer running Vista runs fine using the same GCGB download.

• Hugh Considine

Hugh Considine - 2011-02-03

That error means that you need to install the Microsoft .NET Framework. GCGB requires .NET 1.1 or higher - I generally suggest 2.0 since it requires the least updates and is the minimum required for Microchip's PICkit 2 programs. You can download this from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en

Windows Vista doesn't have any problems because it already includes version 3.0 of the .NET Framework.

• Bill Ashlock

Bill Ashlock - 2011-02-03

To w_cholmondeley, RE: Application Error

That .NET download did the trick! I think this may solve some other file downloading problems I have encountered with this computer in the past.

Thank you

ashlockw