linux installation..

Help
2003-12-15
2013-04-17
  • sergio ruiz

sergio ruiz - 2003-12-15

it seems that this installed just fine under windows, but i cannot figure out how to install this using my linux machine.. any help would be greatly appreciated..

thanks!

• Daniel Atallah

Daniel Atallah - 2004-01-14

i need to make a configure script so that gaim-blogger will know where to find all the necessary libraries.

It is the next thing on my list, so it should be done sooner rather than later.

If you have experience making autoconf scripts, please let me know.

• nicerobot

nicerobot - 2004-01-30

I have the same problem. I compiled it just fine (after changing the Makefile's PREFIX variable to /usr) but I can't figure out how to get gaim to load it. I suspect there's a prefs.xml entry required but I have no idea what to add. I tried adding '<pref name='blogger' />' to the 'plugins' branch but that didn't do anything.

• nicerobot

nicerobot - 2004-01-30

Doh! It's working for me. I moved libblogger.so to /usr/lib/gaim (i.e. same location as liboscar.so) and it's available when i add a new account. ANd it works! Sweet.

• Harley Laue

Harley Laue - 2004-09-03

if you use this instead of the current includes, it works quite well (because those libraries mostly use pkg-config anymore, so why not take advantage of it?) though a config script will be the best. This it only a temporary solution
      <pre>
      INCLUDES =        -I$(GAIM_TOP) \             -I$(GAIM_TOP)/src \             `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0 glib-2.0 pango atk`
      </pre>

• Randall Ross

Randall Ross - 2005-03-27

Hi, I'm trying to compile for RH9, with no luck. Does anyone have an rpm, or a working Makefile? I've tried the suggestions in this thread without success.
      Thanks in advance,
      Randall.