How to install GAG from a bootable USB drive

Help
robycicca
2011-04-03
2013-05-28
  • robycicca

robycicca - 2011-04-03

I have a netbook with Windows XP and Windows 7 installed and without a cd-rom drive, so I followed the instructions found in this forum, I used UNetbootin and I create a USB bootable drive with GAG. Then I boot the netbook from usb drive, GAG starts, I configure GAG, then I want install GAG on the MBR of the hard-disk, but when I choose "save on the hard-disk" GAG install itself on the MBR of the usb drive (when I boot from USB drive tihis drive becomes first hard disk while the (actual) hard disk becomes the second hard disk).

So because I don't have cd-rom drive, I cannot use the two following different approaches to install GAG on the mbr of the hard-disk:
    1) boot without the USB attached and install it
    2) change the bios boot order so that USB doesn't have priority - then the hard disk will be seen as the first drive.

I look for a solution to install GAG on the hard disk of a netbook: netbook don't have an internal cd-rom drive and I don't want pay 40 euro to buy an external cd-rom drive).

I need a way  install GAG FROM a bootable USB Flash drive  or even to install GAG from within Windows.

Robert Traynor suggest me an other Boot Manager that can do this, such as AiR-BOOT located here at:-  http://air-boot.sourceforge.net/.

I'll try it.

Thanks for the help.
    Roberto

• panthos

panthos - 2011-12-05

Hi
    I have the same question: how to make bootable USB pendrive with GAG ISO image?

On the desktop computers with CD drive I use GAG CD to install boot manager, is there a solution to use GAG for computers without floppy/CD drives?

Thanks for help…

• panthos

panthos - 2011-12-07

UBCD (www.ultimatebootcd.com) contains the GAG loader, follow the instructions on the website to make UBCD on USB

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks