Noobie here

Help
seagull369
2006-08-29
2013-05-28
  • seagull369

seagull369 - 2006-08-29

Hi folks. I'm having trouble getting Gag to work for me. I checked for documentation where I unzipped the program to, but really didnt see much.

I have 2 hard drives installed. One is set to master with "XP" on it, the other has "98se" and is set to slave. They share the same IDE cable.

While in "XP" I used "install_XP.cmd" from Gag to create that bootable floppy. When I restart my computer with the floppy installed, I don't get that prompt from Gag I guess I'm supposed to asking me which drive I'd like to boot from. I have the BIOS set to boot from my CD drive 1st, floppy second, and hard drive 3rd, by the way.

My computer proceeds to start in "XP" and once I just about when I get the usual welcome screen and the desktop appears, my floppy drive starts churning away. It keeps doing this for a while as if it's accessing something but nothing seems to happen otherwise. I've let it go on for a couple of minutes before I get sick of hearing the noise and eject the disk.

Any ideas as to what's up?

• NZ-Wanderer

NZ-Wanderer - 2006-12-18

Try double clicking on the install.bat file instead of the install_xp one...

When I made up my floppy, I forgot about the xp one and just double clicked on the install.bat and it worked anyway..

Hope it works for you...

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks