import downloads into G3

Help
Mykr0ceph
2004-11-11
2013-04-03
  • Mykr0ceph

Mykr0ceph - 2004-11-11

Hello,

I've recently started using G3 and i must say i'm quite impressed :) One question..? Is ther a way to import incomplete downloads from sat, Azureus into G3..? Once i started using G3, i find it hard to go back to Azureus :)

TIA,
    Myk

• Apraxhren

Apraxhren - 2004-11-11

You can stop the downloads in Azureus, then start up G3 and add the torrent files like normal, but when it asks where to save it make sure you save it in the same place you had saved the file for Azureus. It should then proceed to check the file and continue downloading from where you left off.

• Mykr0ceph

Mykr0ceph - 2004-11-11

Thanks for the reply. I had changed the "Move to" folder to the same one as Azureus used. Will this accomplish the same...?

TA,
      Myk

• Apraxhren

Apraxhren - 2004-11-11

The "Move to" folder is for after the torrents are complete, it will move the downloaded file to that directory you supplied. I believe you want the "incoming" folder to be the same as the one Azureus used.

Lets say my incoming directory was set to "C:\Program Files\g3torrent\incoming" and my Move to directory was set to "C:\Program Files\g3torrent\finished" When it is downloading the file it writes each piece it gets to the file in the incoming folder, once the download has all the pieces, it is finished and it then moves the completed file to the finished folder.

• Mykr0ceph

Mykr0ceph - 2004-11-11

excellent advice...Thanks! I'll set the incomgin folder to the old Azureus Folder and give it a spin...

Myk