Menu

some Questions

-
2005-08-13
2013-04-03
  • -

- - 2005-08-13

I want to change my current Bittorrent client (Azureus), because it need to much of my Memory.

How much Memory does this one need?

And does G3 torrent have a statistic funktion like azureus, which tell you:
    uploaded MB per torrent
    up- and download overall
    overall uptime of the client

If it doesn't support the statistic, please add it.
    is it possible to import the statistics from azureus?

• mark84

mark84 - 2005-08-26

G3 is no where near the resource hog that Azureus is. It hardly uses much CPU time and memory usage is small (can't say exactly right now I'm at work, but somewhere in the order of 20-50MB maybe).

For statistics have a look at http://g3torrent.sourceforge.net/ for some screenshots of what it has. Doesn't have the client uptime though.

No you can't imprort stats from Azureus. But it does come with a native web interface, very handy!

Good luck with it!

• jasperwillem

jasperwillem - 2006-02-23

The client I am using is Utorrent, I saw in the list of seeders this Client is did want to check out what kind of client it is, thats why I Am poster here now.

Are their people who have experienced the use of Utorrent and prefer this client atm?

Thx for your time.

• Andy

Andy - 2006-03-08

man this client WAS good, really good.  But it hasnt been updated in a year, it got a bad rep, banned on a few trackers (or more than a few) and the author is like MIA so it will nvr be updated likely.  And azureus a resource hog, wth are resurces there for, it uses typically 64mb of ram oh dear with most systems having at the very least 512mb ram thats just terible, and on my humble Celeron 2.8gig cpu its using 5% cpu power after being on for 5 hours, how horrible. note sarcasm. Stick with az or try utorrent which is very similar too g3.

• stansteez

stansteez - 2007-08-01

I loved G3 too. Then abondoned it somewhere and it was developed under Rufus... that's when it started to suck slowly. I move then over to bit comet. This then became spy ware infected. Then I finally ended with µTorrent and I'm very satisfied with it. The only thing i miss is the nice gui and skin of the g3.