Dark-One
2004-11-14
2013-04-03
  • Dark-One

Dark-One - 2004-11-14

The program was made using Java, that should tell you how crappy it is.lol

• jody

jody - 2004-11-14

i have just changed from using it to g3, HUGE difference now. still having issues with bandwidth hogging.

• Neil Doody

Neil Doody - 2004-11-15

You know I dont know why people use Azureus, theres nothing special about it and it uses the annoying java plugins you have to install for your pc.

More to the point, I dont know why G3Torrent hasnt taken off more, its really very good!

• William

William - 2004-11-15

I know why it hasn't:

[Error] - trouble accessing files - [Errno 24] Too many open files:

Until they fix that, it will NEVER take off.  I am considering switching to Azureus because of this error...  I see it WAY too often.

• jody

jody - 2004-11-15

well, just to give you an idea. i have been using azureus for almost a year. not too bad, apart from bandwidth hogging. but on average i get at most 100mb download per hour if i am lucky. with g3, i have already had almost 250mb an hour. i have set both up with same upload/download settings. my only problem is with some files being rejected by the tracker. saying client version is banned. i have tried client spoofing, but have had no joy. any ideas?

• Dark-One

Dark-One - 2004-11-16

I get that problem as well, "client has been banned" I had to use BitTornado due to this problem :(

The extra feature I would like is to extend the 30mins the Graph shows. Maybe to like a 24hour period or soemthing.

• bodsyboy

bodsyboy - 2004-11-20

One other reason why g3 has not taken off is because when you go to the home page you dont get the latest version that may put some people off as they may think that there are no updates to the program.

Just a thought :)

• AyaNeko

AyaNeko - 2004-11-20

omg....ppl..
      Client Spoofing is already fixed, look at the forums to get the new tweaked version of G3torrent...

• jody

jody - 2004-11-25

is this the latest version

G3torrent-1.0-RC1 Linux unofficial test version release. 
      http://www.kolumbus.fi/jukka.lehtomaki/gentoo/who-is-your-buddy/g3torrent.tar.gz

if so is it a straight install and it keeps all the torrents i am downloading or do i have to re import them again?
      thanks all
      jody

• LeoXV

LeoXV - 2004-11-25

jodypress

Latest version for Win g3torrent RC1 - tweaked v0.3 by d0c 54v4g3.

http://www.preducer.org/

• jody

jody - 2004-11-25

thanks leoXV
      will check it out