Menu

Colorfull Buttons Please !

Leonos
2004-11-05
2013-04-03
  • Leonos

Leonos - 2004-11-05

It's a small change, but is very effective in clicking the right button fast.
    So I suggest adding colors to the button images.
    The open buttons : Yellow
    New torrent button : White
    Delete button : Red
    Start button : Green
    Pauze : Orange
    Stop : Red
    Up/Down : Black
    Folder : Yellow
    Settings : Gray
    Toggle : Blue

Or when you have a lot of time left, make it optional.

grtz
    leonos

• Apraxhren

Apraxhren - 2004-11-05

Well i took a bit of time a made some of the changes you had said. There is a screenshot of them here: htttp://www.frapteh.com/g3icons_0.1.gif

and you can download them if you like here: http://www.frapteh.com/g3icons_0.1.zip

All you have to do is copy the images from the zip into your G3torrent\images\ directory. You might want to make a back up of the images incase you don't like them.

• Apraxhren

Apraxhren - 2004-11-05

Bah i made a little mistake with the first url, one to many t's the correct url is http://www.frapteh.com/g3icons_0.1.gif

• Brian J. Mason

Brian J. Mason - 2004-11-06

On the other hand, I'd love to be able to toggle away the button toolbar altogether.  A View> Toolbar toggle as seen in most other applications would be lovely.  I personally dont need big crayola jumbo buttons and much prefer to hilight stuff with the mouse, right click, and go from the popup and would prefer a more streamlined interface.

Hard to please everyone, I'd love to see it toggleable so people can either use their big colorfull buttons or just remove the entire bar altogether.

• etc

etc - 2004-11-06

i like the monochrome buttons the way they are now
      its more stylish and less disney
      a fair compromise is to make the buttons colored on-mouse-over

and i also proposed the idea of toggle toolbar long ago

which kind of binds the two things together:
      if you mess up the colors of the toolbar
      at least make it easy to get rid of it
      just like kanji_man said

• Apraxhren

Apraxhren - 2004-11-06

I think the best way would be to create different themes for G3, everyone likes things a little different so it would help make everyone happy. I don't think it would be to hard to implement, just changing instead of looking for the iamges in the images directory maybe something like themes\yourtheme\.

I personally like my icons smaller than they are on G3, and as said above some people like them colored, others don't and some don't want them at all.