Menu

A major and a minor broblem

Athoz
2004-11-25
2013-04-03
  • Athoz

Athoz - 2004-11-25

While my download has started the pecentage of the downloaded file changes. Its like downloading the file two times with different peers in each download. Once it shows 55% in seconds it turns to 12% and the peers also change after few seconds changes back to 55% (example).
    The download finishes after one of them reaches 100%.
    The problem is that when I start my G3 (after downloading 100% and shutting the G3) it resumes the second download and instead of seeding it downloads until 100% (of second download).

Another broblem that should be fixed is to hide the password from the address bar of IE when you log in to your G3 http web service.

G3 rulzz

• radnad

radnad - 2004-11-25

i think it has to do with multiple trackers...

someone ?

R a d

• usrhlp

usrhlp - 2004-11-26

i get this a lot!!
      it is terribly lame!

i am downloading somerthing and it jumpes from 55K PS 50% completed
      to
      4K download 20% completed

and then back up again!

What is that?

• d0c 54v4g3

d0c 54v4g3 - 2004-11-26

Hey usrhlp,

I have been trying to recreate this bug for a few weeks now (downloading anything and everything) and can't seem to get it...  as you seem to get it alot you might be able to help me.

Does this issue occur with specific trackers/torrents?   If it's OK could you take 2 screen dumps (CTRL+PrtScn) of the status window before and after it switches so I can compare the IP addresses.  Also if you close g3 after taking the screen dumps and then send me your btconfig.ini,  torrent.ini and peers.ben file and the torrent file that you have had problems with.

I just need to be able to recreate the bug before I can fix it or at least see if g3 is seeing 2 different sets of peers when it starts jumping between the two different percentages. 

Send everything to 'g3torrent at gmail dot com'.

Thanks

d0c

• DantesAID

DantesAID - 2004-11-28

I am having the same problem, let me know if d0c54v4g3 still need those files...I dont want start sending them to u if u already got them from other ppl.

• d0c 54v4g3

d0c 54v4g3 - 2004-12-17

I finally managed to replicate this bug and have also worked out what was causing it.  It has been fixed in the next release - which I'll be posting info on soon.

How to avoid it:
      Try to use the 'stop' button instead of 'pause' when stopping and resuming torrents as the error is related to the pause feature.

I won't go into the fine details of the bug, only that it involved lots of buggering about with threads.

d0c