Menu

I've been banned for using G3

Typar
2004-12-07
2013-04-03
  • Typar

Typar - 2004-12-07

I've been banned from a torrent site for using G3. :(

The moderator thinks it can be used to cheat, so has banned my IP, and is not being too helpful in replying to emails.

I thought it could only be used to reduce uploading capacity and to spoof, am I wrong?

The  irony is that I was the second biggest uploader on the site, and had a 6:1 share ratio. I've only been using G3 for a month, but this guy thinks I've been using G3 to supply exagerrated upload stats. I haven't but is this even possible to do in G3?

Or is it the new wave of G3 paranoia starting?

It's a shame, because my upload speeds were higher using G3 than anything else I've used as well.

Does anyone know of a way I can prove I haven't been cheating?

• Apraxhren

Apraxhren - 2004-12-07

Well you could ask him to download G3 and try to find this hidden menu that allows you to cheat (sarcasm) or even take a look at the source.

I do think there is another wave of G3 paranoia, last time it seemed to get stopped by rationality, but i guess some people believe everything they hear.

If you don't mind posting the email address to contact this admin so maybe a few of us can email him with responcable and non harrassing messages.

Best of luck to you.

• Typar

Typar - 2004-12-07

No, I don't mind posting the email :D

sMoKeR@boxingtorrents.cjb.net

As he's competely blocked my ip, so I get a 403 error everytime I log on, I have nothing to lose.

Its the only place I can find these torrents though.....

What pisses me off is that after sharing every second of every hour, seven days a week since I joined (and I'm one of the oldest members), they guy doesn't even have the decency to pm or email me to talk about it.

G3 has actually helped me to share more, but I guess he doesn't want to hear that.

Thanks for the support anyhow.....

• Apraxhren

Apraxhren - 2004-12-07

Well i sent him/her an email hopefully clearing up the misunderstanding. Also ironicly i found this in the FAQ on the site.
        "May I use any bittorrent client?

Yes. The tracker now updates the stats correctly for all bittorrent clients. However, we still recommend that you avoid the following clients:

BitTorrent++,
        Nova Torrent,
        TorrentStorm.

These clients do not report correctly to the tracker when canceling/finishing a torrent session. If you use them then a few MB may not be counted towards the stats near the end, and torrents may still be listed in your profile for some time after you have closed the client.

Also, clients in alpha or beta version should be avoided."

• Typar

Typar - 2004-12-07

Thanks.

If he bothers to reply to me, I'll let you know.

Hopefully, he'll give it a go himself, and see how flexible it is compared to most other programs..

• LeoXV

LeoXV - 2004-12-08

http://www.tbsource.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=713

"There's a user with G3 torrent on my tracker whose upload statistics are completely wrong (he has uploaded 6 gb while tracker shows 150 gb). Is there any problem with this client or what? other user are using it without problem.
      It's somehow possible to ban this client? I've seen it has a client spoofing option."

Hmmm...

• Typar

Typar - 2004-12-08

Does that mean it's possible or not? Or is it a bug?

I had uploaded 330 gb, 250 gb with Bittornado, and the upload speeds and amounts I was seeing on G3 were the same as the tracker was registering, and consistent with what I had uploaded before.

With Bittornado I was averaging 22-25 kbs, with G3 25-30, mainly due to the improved configuring abilities.

The moderator didn't actually offer an opinion as to what he thought I had uploaded, just asumed I was cheating because i was using G3.

He also banned every other G3 user too, apparently.

He still hasn't replied anyway.