Menu

Folder Option Bug

2004-11-07
2013-04-03
  • nycelitemaster

nycelitemaster - 2004-11-07

hey d0c, you have done great job, but there is a bug i found. Folder Options are required for webaccess otherwise it will sit on the window where it ask where to save the file. If folder options are enabled then g3 shows some wierd error when you launch it from .torrent file. Example: (I went to suprnova.org, than downloaded xxx.torrent on my desktop. than it won't open G3 instead it shows this error "See the logfile 'D:\Program Files\g3torrent\g3torrent.exe.log' for details" and when i check logs it shows this error
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "g3torrent.py", line 1620, in run
      File "g3torrent.py", line 1600, in __init__
      File "wx\_core.pyo", line 5243, in __init__
      File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4931, in _BootstrapApp
      File "g3torrent.py", line 1605, in OnInit
      File "g3torrent.py", line 116, in __init__
      File "images.pyo", line 21, in __init__
      File "images.pyo", line 54, in LoadImages
    WindowsError: [Errno 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: 'D:\\Program Files\\g3torrent\\g3torrent.exeC:\\DOCUME~1\\Jimmy\\Desktop\\images\\flags/*.*'
    -------------------------------------------------------
    This Error only occurs if the Folder Options are enabled.  btw my location to save my downloads for folder options is D:\Downloads\BTDownloads and i did try to reinstall and i removed btconfig and i reconfig all. This only occurs when Folderoptions are enabled. Thanks for the help

• d0c 54v4g3

d0c 54v4g3 - 2004-11-07

Hey nycelitemaster,

OK.  I'm a little confused... I've setup g3 in the same way as you have it installed (apart from creating a user called Jimmy) and I've had no problems with double clicking on a file.  Weird...

OK one last try:
      * Uninstall g3 completely using the unistall in Add/Remove programs or similar. 
      * Then delete the g3torrent folder in d:\program files.  (This will remove all torrents from your download list, so make sure you have backups of the .torrent files so you can restart them)  
      * Then reinstall g3 tweaked v0.3 from the exe and set the folders as you did before.

If the above made no difference then can you tell me what OS you are running, whether it is a non-english version and anything else that might be relevant (Service pack version etc).  Also can you email me your btconfig.ini file to 'g3torrent at gmail dot com' so I can have a look at it.

d0c

• nycelitemaster

nycelitemaster - 2004-11-08

Ah, Sweet d0c, you are a real doctor hahaha, that annoy pesky bug is gone, gota love this G3 HAHA, oh yea d0c can u make it in next release so when g3 associate the .torrent it doesnt put g3 icon on it. IT would own if u fix that. thx

• etc

etc - 2004-11-09

thats the whole point in association a file extention to a program doesnt it? ;)
      when you see the icon of the file youd know what program would open it
      i dont think this is a bug - i think this is a standard
      if you dont like the icon - change it from windows or the registry

• Dark-One

Dark-One - 2004-11-16

You can change the ICON in the Folder Options, in Windows XP go to Control Panel, and then Folder Options and in the tabs select File Types, wait a while for it to load.