Menu

Building GT-100 Fx FloorBoard for Linux

Help
2016-11-26
2017-01-06
  • Eddward DeVilla

Eddward DeVilla - 2016-11-26

Is there a read me for building on Linux? I don't see the things I'm used to finding. I'm guessing I need to grab the code from the gt-100 branch, run a qmake (or qmake2?) and then a make? Then I just muddle through dependencies? Is there anything more to it?

I'd like to learn how to build for Linux so I can then try to port to one of these or these.

• gumtownbassman

gumtownbassman - 2016-11-27

Documentation is mostly non-existant. Requires Qt5 or higher, if you are building from the command line, then run qmake, and then make, requires ALSA dev libraries, other Linux dependancies as per your Qt build/install.
    Also QtCreator can be used if you like using the graphical GUI builder.
    The executable file should be placed and run from in the 'packager' folder with the associated included files.
    If you use QtCreator to load the GT-100FxFloorBoard.pro (project file) and auto configure the project, it is a simple build and run proceedure

• Eddward DeVilla

Eddward DeVilla - 2016-11-28

I just had to grab a few more QT deps and the libjackd-dev. It builds on my desktop very easily. Now to find/build the dependencies for the pandora.

Thanks!

• Eddward DeVilla

Eddward DeVilla - 2017-01-06

I was able to compile for the open pandora. It was a simple qmake & make without any changes needed.

The pandora has a 4.3 inch screen. Unfortunately everything is a bit small and hard to read. Is there currently wany way to scale the up and use window scroll bars to pan arround to see the effects? If not, would you be against merging a change to allow scaling & scrolling? Is there something else I should consider?

• Eddward DeVilla

Eddward DeVilla - 2017-01-06

I just found out I had to restart the the scaling to take affect. I can run 1:1 and drag the window around. Not ideal, but it works. I may still see about adding scrolling in the window.