Important Firewall Builder Announcment

Mike Horn
2013-01-14
2013-03-09
  • Mike Horn

Mike Horn - 2013-01-14

After working on Firewall Builder for many years it is with some sadness that Vadim and I are announcing that we have suspended all development activity for this project.  Firewall Builder has been a great project to work on and we have truly appreciated all the support and positive feedback that the user community has provided.  Without you we wouldn’t have been able to keep things going this long.

You might be wondering why we are doing this…  We had an exciting opportunity come up to start a company developing advanced security automation solutions.  This was a chance of a lifetime that we just couldn’t pass up and unfortunately it means that we no longer have time available to work on improving and supporting Firewall Builder.

Our company, NetCitadel, is developing a security orchestration platform for enterprise customers that brings real-time intelligence to existing security devices.  We will be announcing our first product very soon, but for now you can register for updates and find more information at www.netcitadel.com.

Thanks for all your support over the years and we hope you continue to use and enjoy Firewall Builder.

• Amr Hassan Elyamani

plz help me i'm tring to install fwbuilder and i get this message
      fwadmin@10.10.10.1's password:
      scp: /etc/mti.fw: No such file or directory
      SSH session terminated, exit status: 1
      Firewall policy installation failed
      note : i have been finished all requirments of fwbuilder plz help this my gradution project

• ted creedon

ted creedon - 2013-01-15

so who will maintain?

• Mark McCurry

Mark McCurry - 2013-03-07

Wow! I read this after creating my first post here minutes ago. My congratulations to you both on your new project. Sounds cool ;o)

Looks like its time to pull down the source and roll up my sleeves.

Thanks again for such an excellent product!!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks