Casey Williams - 2015-10-23

Hello all,

I imported a previous .fwb file from an older fwbuilder version after recently upgrading to fwbuilder 5.1.0-3599
I'm getting a strange extra ~ in the fwdir location. I am a regular user sudoing to the fwuser as to centralize the .fwb file. In the previous version the Installation plan would copy from the fwuser's home dir to analog-addict user's home dir then SCP the .fw file from my home dir to the target box:/home/analog-addict/<firewallscript>.fw then execute.

I have checked the actual .fwb file and located the firewall_dir option editing it multiple different ways (which seem to break it even worse in some cases) but I can't seem to get past this double ~ issue. Any help will be very much appreciated.
Edit: I am using centralized home directories and ldap authentication, fwuser and analog-addict are in the system.
See the output below:

Summary:
* Running as user : fwuser
* Firewall name : TESTBOX01.LOCALDOMAIN
* Installer uses user name : analog-addict
* Management address : 192.168.1.101
* Platform : iptables
* Host OS : linux24
* Loading configuration from file /home/fwuser/FWB/Firewalls.fwb

Installation plan:
Copy file: /home/fwuser/FWB/TESTBOX01.LOCALDOMAIN.fw --> ~/~/TESTBOX01.LOCALDOMAIN.fw
Run script echo '--**--**--'; chmod +x ~/TESTBOX01.LOCALDOMAIN.fw; sudo -S ~/TESTBOX01.LOCALDOMAIN.fw && echo 'Policy activated'

Copying /home/fwuser/FWB/TESTBOX01.LOCALDOMAIN.fw -> 192.168.1.101:~/~/TESTBOX01.LOCALDOMAIN.fw
Firewall Builder GUI 5.1.0.3599
analog-addict@192.168.1.101's password:
scp: /home/analog-addict/~/TESTBOX01.LOCALDOMAIN.fw: No such file or directory
SSH session terminated, exit status: 1
Firewall policy installation failed

Last edit: Casey Williams 2015-10-23