Extensive User Library for Import available?

Andreas M.
2011-06-24
2013-03-05
  • Andreas M.

Andreas M. - 2011-06-24

Hi,

I tried this often now, but I seem not to be able to find a user-library in the wild for download. Seeing how many plugins, addons, scripts and extensions usually get published by users for different kinds of software, I'd have thought, that I may be able to find a library, that enhances on the pre-defined sets of services, etc. But to no avail.

Right now I can not seem to find an entry for SIP nor BitTorrent or iChat, etc. in the defaults. It is not difficult to create my own, still I am wondering, why no such document exists on the net, given, that the standard library has such a limited number of protocols. Guess you know me now as a very lazy guy ;-)

• Mike Horn

Mike Horn - 2011-06-26

We don't have an official way right now for users to share their libraries, but I guess someone could volunteer to setup a file sharing site for this :;-)

In the mean time I would suggest opening feature requests to add protocols that are not in the Standard library.  Please make sure to include the protocol (TCP, UDP, etc.) and port number(s).  For protocols that are commonly used, like SIP, we will try to add them to the Standard library as time permits.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks