Now, it is the time to release yet another FUSE based filesystem.
What is MetFS?
MetFS is a filesystem software in userspace that is FUSE based, encrypted, dynamic sized (increase when new data added, decrease when data removed), single file when it's unmounted and very fast.
MetFS 's been written in C language for performance reasons; proved to be running on Linux and FreeBSD.
* MetFS partitions are visible only to the user who mounted them. No other users (including root) can view the filesystem contents.
* MetFS partition looks like a single file when it's unmounted.
* Clear version of the user password is never written to disk.
* RC4 stream cipher algorithm is used.
* MD5 hash algorithm is preferred.
* Clear data never stored in anywhere.
* Writing 1.6 GB sized data in ext3 filesystem is just 16 seconds faster than MetFS.
* Faster and more secure string functions of OpenBSD and D.J.B are used.
* .mfs is official file extension of MetFS.
Please read TODO list for our incoming features.
How to Support Project?
* Test MetFS
* Inform me, if you are using it
* Write document in your language
* Translate MetFS web pages to your language (Please see download page.)
* Author of FUSE: Miklos SZEREDI
* My advisor: H. Turgut UYAR
* Murat BALABAN for his help in cryptography
* EnderUNIX Software Development Team @ TÜRKÝYE for their valuable friendships
EnderUNIX Software Developer Endersys Software Engineer