Small problems with Fuse 0.10.0.1

Help
Compiler
2008-12-13
2013-01-01
  • Compiler

Compiler - 2008-12-13

Hi!

First of all, thanks (again) to Philip Kendall for creating Fuse :-)  (and for putting it under GPL).

My doubts/problems:

I compiled today Fuse 0.10.0.1 in 2 "flavours": SDL version and GTK version.

1.- FULL SCREEN PROBLEM

IIRC, when I was running FUSE 0.90 and previous versions with SDL I was able to run it fullscreen (fullscreen=1 in .fuserc XML file). Today I've noticed that my 0.10.0.1 compiled binary has not full screen option and ignores my .fuserc fullscreen=1 value.

I have the following installed:

ii  libsdl-image1.2
    ii  libsdl-mixer1.2
    ii  libsdl-ttf2.0-0
    ii  libsdl1.2-dev
    ii  libsdl1.2debian
    ii  libsdl1.2debian-alsa

Configure script does not give any kind of error about fullscreen or SDL.

2.- FILTER SAVING PROBLEM

I select TV 3x or TV 2x filter, screen changes to something like simulated scanlines, and I save options.  Config option in .fuserc says:

<graphicsfilter>tv3x</graphicsfilter>

But when I start fuse again, it starts as "3x", without the scanlines.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help.

• Fredrick Meunier

It sounds to me that your problems may be that you are using the X version of Fuse rather than SDL.

Could you post your config.log and results of ldd fuse?

• Compiler

Compiler - 2008-12-13

You were right. "ldd" show that the X11 version was compiled.

I thought that "--without-gtk" would automatically prefer SDL version over X11, but I was wrong X-D. Now "--with-sdl" did the job.

One question about SDL version ... How do I hide/remove the red tape / floppy icons in the right-bottom of the screen? Seeing them when the Speccy is not loading or saving anything is not useful and it breaks the "full-screen-I'm-on-a-spectrum" feeling.

Thanks.

• Fredrick Meunier

Turn off 'Show statusbar' in the General Options.

• Compiler

Compiler - 2008-12-15

> Turn off 'Show statusbar' in the General Options. 

Perfect :-)

I even found a better option for me: I modified ui/sdl/sdldisplay.c so that the "red" icons are not displayed but the Green icons are shown. This way, I can turn on the "Statusbar" and the icons only appear when disk/tape operations are being made :)

Thanks a lot for your help :)