Have DirecTV HR21-100 and want to view videos

Help
2008-10-21
2013-04-25
  • Todd Maurer

Todd Maurer - 2008-10-21

I'm using FreeNAS that includes Fuppes and a DirecTV HR21-100 HD DVR.  I'd love to use Fuppes to serve videos in .MP4 format to my HR21.  The HR21 "Media Share" feature only suggests that it supports Viiv and Windows Media Player 11, but I can't find firm documentation on that though.

My HR21 does find the FreeNAS server and Fuppes on the FreeNAS sees "DIRECTV Plus HD DVR (MediaRenderer)" in its logs.

The HR21 can browse to the three directories offered through Fuppes.  Sometimes it can actually find the media files, and other times it tells me the directories are empty.  When it sees the MP4 media files, it can not view them.  There once was a time I succeeded in viewing JPGs but I can't even make that work anymore.

Todd

• Todd Maurer

Todd Maurer - 2008-10-21

Looks like one option would be to turn on "logging level 2".  I assume doing that is done by editing fuppes.cfg, but I have no idea what line to add where.

Todd

• Todd Maurer

Todd Maurer - 2008-10-21

Okay I found that the logging level is set on the command line.  I'm trying to back into the command for Fuppes on FreeNAS and have also requested a "knob" in the FreeNAS WebGUI to control the logging level.

Todd

• Todd Maurer

Todd Maurer - 2008-10-22

Okay, I'm not sure what I did but I'm back to being able to browse the directory structures.

I can view some JPGs again, but those I can view are  small on the screen.

Is what I need a device definition for the HR21? I've found references that the HR21 and it's stable mates only can view JPGs and MP2. 

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks