Fuppes? WMC?

Help
2009-10-22
2013-04-25
  • The PowerTool

The PowerTool - 2009-10-22

I feel a bit overwhelmed and out of my league as this is an area completely new to me.  I've done some searching but must be missing key words to search successfully.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I have a Plasma TV (Pioneer 1540HD) that supports WMC (Windows Media Connect) and found a reference saying that Fuppes would work on Linux rather than having to use WMC on Windows (which is not an option-Windows).

If my 1540HD requires WMC, will Fuppes work with it?  Is there a protocol that matches up so my TV will see Fuppes?  I'm happy to do my own research I just need a hint (or 4).

If Fuppes does not, is there something that will work on Linux and provide support so my TV thinks it's WMC (even though it's something else that runs on Linux)?

Thank you very much, in advance.

• Robert Massaioli

Have you tried installing fuppes and seeing if it will work? Fuppes is essentially a UPnP(Universal Plug And Play) Media Server; therefore if your TV registers itself as a UPnP media renderer then it is likely that fuppes can be used to stream media to it.  If you need more help please post the specifications of your TV (or even better a link to the specifications of your TV). Thanks and I hope you meet success using fuppes. I still think your best option is to merely try it and see.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks