I just purchased a Philips TV with DLNA support. I installed fuppes from a packet repository of openSUSE 11.3. Now I have it running and when I connect to the website of fuppes, I see the name of the TV in system information and it shows as a MediaRenderer. I also have a number of directories listed with .mov and .wav files, some of these are in subdirectories.
In the device settings I only have a default. I do have quite a number of file settings, however the extension .mov (=video/quicktime) is missing. One of the directories that are configured contain a number of .wav files.
The TV does not show any of the files and keeps looking for the DLNA server.
I used Wireshark to monitor the traffic. I see the TV sending a UDP multicast to 188.8.131.52:1900.
I see with netstat that UDP 1900 is associated with fuppesd.
However fuppesd is not responding.
In the multicast I see a URL http://192.168.1.76:49153/nmrDescription.xml.
Entering this URL in a browser gives back the xml file.
After this I stopped fuppesd and I got an error message:
*** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/fuppesd: double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x0000000000667a10 ***
and a backtrace which I saved.
After that I started fuppesd again and I saw exchange of information between fuppesd and the TV.
Also the above mentioned xml file.
But on the TV I don't see a connection with my PC server.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.