init.d script for debian on the wiki

Help
Michael
2007-10-31
2013-04-25
  • Michael

Michael - 2007-10-31

I updated the wiki with instructions for debian systems to start fuppes on bootup.  If someone could verify the instructions I put there I'd appreciate it.  It'd be great to have other distribution specific instructions added if someone else has that information.

Thanks.

• call-151

call-151 - 2008-02-13

I have verified that this works fine for Ubuntu Gutsy.

Would suggest an additional note to check that daemon is installed as it was not by default for my case.

Thanks for the script.

• Mike

Mike - 2008-02-15

So I've been having problems getting the Fuppes daemon to startup at powerup. I followed the directions for Debian (I'm using Ubuntu Gutsy as well) verbatim off the Wiki, but it's never powered up when I look for the process after it finishes booting. I doubled checked that the user fuppes is properly created and everything is owned by that user. Also checked to make sure the fuppesd script is executable by everyone and verified that all the sym links exist in all the rc#.d directories. I'm somewhat at a loss as to why it isn't starting up on its own. When I run "sudo /etc/init.d/fuppesd start" manually it works perfectly.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks