General Questions and Maybe Problems

Help
GerardoJ
2008-02-19
2013-04-25
  • GerardoJ

GerardoJ - 2008-02-19

First of let me give thanks for the great software that you have given us! :)
    I am a noob on Linux and I have a few questions. If anyone can help or point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

First off I got the SVN-r578 working under Ubuntu Gutsy server. And I can play AVI files with my xbox360. Took me a while but after reading and searching throughout the forum got a few configuration files, used them and got it going.

My concern is this when I start FUPPES I get this message:
         :1: parser warning : xmlns:ms: ' urn:microsoft-com:wmc-1-0' is not a valid URI
         ot xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device-1-0" xmlns:ms=" urn:microsoft-com:wmc-1-0"
                                                                                   ^
    Does anyone know what this is?

Second when I rebuild the database I get this messages:
         r
         [ContentDatabase] create database at Mon Feb 18 13:26:10 2008
         read shared directories
         v[NULL @ 0xb75c1ac8]hmm, seems the headers are not complete, trying to guess time_increment_bits
         [NULL @ 0xb75c1ac8]my guess is 5 bits ;)
         [NULL @ 0xb75c1ac8]looks like this file was encoded with (divx4/(old)xvid/opendivx) -> forcing low_delay flag
         [mpeg4 @ 0xb75c1ac8]hmm, seems the headers are not complete, trying to guess time_increment_bits
         [mpeg4 @ 0xb75c1ac8]my guess is 2 bits ;)
         [mpeg4 @ 0xb75c1ac8]hmm, seems the headers are not complete, trying to guess time_increment_bits
         [mpeg4 @ 0xb75c1ac8]my guess is 1 bits ;)
         [mpeg4 @ 0xb75c1ac8]my guess is 10 bits ;)
         [mpeg4 @ 0xb75c1ac8]Error, header damaged or not MPEG4 header (f_code=0)
         [mpeg4 @ 0xb75c1ac8]my guess is 4 bits ;)
         [mpeg4 @ 0xb75c1ac8]Error, header damaged or not MPEG4 header (f_code=0)
         [mpeg4 @ 0xb75c1ac8]my guess is 3 bits ;)
    That is not the whole list, it goes on! I just do not want to bore you guys. I would like to know what is going on with this.

Third I ca not fast forward, rewind or skip on my AVIs but I can pause. I get an error stating that the content is not playable if I try to Ff, Rw or skip. Any comments on this?

Fourth I got 3 xbox360s with dynamic IPs. Do you recommend making them fixed? Would it make a difference?

I would gladly post any extra information that you might need.
    Thanks for all of your help, keep up the good work!

• Ross Nye

Ross Nye - 2008-02-19

Howdy we seem to have the same set up. ie fuppes running on Gutsy serving a 360.

Firstly dont wory about the parser warning. Everything works fine (well almost). My guess is the space at the front or the urn is the only thing causing the issue.

Second. I get the same type of message, don't know what file(s) cause it though. This what I get (total)
      [wmv3 @ 0xb7014ad0]Extra data: 8 bits left, value: 0

Third. Skipping etc. Works fine for me on every avi I've tried. Possibly your files use a different set of codecs. One (so far) of my avi files won't play at all even though the 360 apparently supports the codecs it uses (ITU H.264 & MPEG-1 layer 3).

Forth. I am using fixed IPs as I already had my router set up to assign IPs based on MAC address. However the only reference I make to any IP address in my config is the allowed_ips section of fuppes.cfg, and I doubt that is really necessary.

What libraries do you have installed and enabled in your build? (Press i to find out)

btw I noticed in your post you pressed v right after pressing r. You have to wait until the rebuilding of the database concludes before you can invoke the command the rebuild the virtual folders. (Also each command needs to be a single character by itself on a line if is other text, even if its output from fuppes itself, the command is ignored.)

Finally you might want to consider updating to the latest build as Uli seems to have been doing work directly related to the 360. See bug #1877933.

cheers

• GerardoJ

GerardoJ - 2008-02-19

Hi Ross, thanks for the response :)
      You did catch it! I did press v after pressing r I thought the command did not go trough, I rebuilt it again afterwards (r and v)

This is what I get after pressing "i"

i
      general information:
        version     : SVN-r578
        hostname    : MediaServer
        OS          : Linux 2.6.22-14-server
        build at    : Jan 27 2008 14:23:13
        build with  : 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.2-16ubuntu2)
        address     : 192.168.1.152
        sqlite      : 3.4.2
        log-level   : 1 (normal)
        webinterface: http://192.168.1.152:55625/

no decoding library found. Transcoding disabled!

configuration file:
        /home/node/.fuppes/fuppes.cfg

ImageMagick:  enabled

That is all I get not much info on libs since I downloaded the built .deb from here:
      http://ppa.launchpad.net/james-lee/ubuntu
      I will be posting as soon build from the source (if I can) and get it running, see what comes up.
      Cross your fingers I need mine to type :)

• Ulrich Völkel

Ulrich Völkel - 2008-02-19

You can just ignore all the warnings. The parser warning is thrown by libxml2 when reading the xbox' description and the others come from libavformat when extracting data (resolution, duration, etc.) from video files.

Running the xbox with a dynamic address should work as long as you entered all the user-agents in the xbox' device section.
      I'm not sure if the user-agents in the current default config still work with the xbox because they are about one year old.

- Uli

• GerardoJ

GerardoJ - 2008-02-19

Thanks for the answer Uli, it does clarify the questions more.
      As for the new build, it seems that it is working. I will do more testing and report it here.

Almost forgot, here is what I get after pressing i:

i
      general information:
        version     : SVN-r593
        hostname    : MediaServer
        OS          : Linux 2.6.22-14-server
        build at    : Feb 19 2008 09:51:09
        build with  : 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.2-16ubuntu2)
        address     : 192.168.1.152
        sqlite      : 3.4.2
        log-level   : 1 (normal)
        webinterface: http://192.168.1.152:35076/

configuration file:
        /home/node/.fuppes/fuppes.cfg

faad: enabled
      flac: enabled
      iconv: enabled
      ImageMagick++: disabled
      ImageMagick Wand: disabled
      inotify: enabled
      lame: enabled
      libavformat: enabled
      libnotify: disabled
      mad: disabled
      mp4ff: enabled
      mpeg4ip: disabled
      musepack: enabled
      simage: disabled
      inotify: enabled
      taglib: enabled
      tremor: disabled
      twolame: disabled
      uuid: enabled
      vorbis: enabled

What a difference many libs here. I did not want transcoding to be enabled since the 360 is supposed to play avis.

Thanks again to all, have a great day and keep up the good work!
      (I wish I knew more to help out)

• GerardoJ

GerardoJ - 2008-02-19

New findings

I got a few odd things happening:

1) The stream stutters or freezes at about the 60min mark, some times it just stutters at 60min and freezes at about 120min mark.

2) No fast forward or skip either it just goes dark and gives me the "unable to play content message"

3) This is something new I keep on getting the following, I do not know if this is normal:

ot xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device-1-0" xmlns:ms=" urn:microsoft-com:wmc-1-0"
                                                                                          ^
           == lib/Fuppes.cpp (347) :: Tue Feb 19 10:22:22 2008 ==
           new device: Xbox 360 :: MediaRenderer

new UPnP device:
           Xbox 360 (MediaRenderer)
           unhandled sort order
           your device requested a sort order that is currently not supported by FUPPES. This is not a bug as FUPPES correctly specifies it's sorting
           capabilities but your device seems to ignore it.
           please file a feature request containing the following lines:

=== CUT ===
           +upnp:class,+dc:title
           === CUT ===
           unhandled sort order
           your device requested a sort order that is currently not supported by FUPPES. This is not a bug as FUPPES correctly specifies it's sorting
           capabilities but your device seems to ignore it.
           please file a feature request containing the following lines:

=== CUT ===
           +upnp:class,+dc:title
           === CUT ===
                                                                                     ^
           == lib/Fuppes.cpp (347) :: Tue Feb 19 10:33:29 2008 ==

new UPnP device:
           Xbox 360 (MediaRenderer)
           == lib/Fuppes.cpp (214) :: Tue Feb 19 10:37:21 2008 ==
           device: Xbox 360 timed out

^
           == lib/Fuppes.cpp (347) :: Tue Feb 19 10:37:22 2008 ==

new UPnP device:
           Xbox 360 (MediaRenderer)
           == lib/Fuppes.cpp (214) :: Tue Feb 19 10:48:29 2008 ==

== lib/Fuppes.cpp (214) :: Tue Feb 19 10:52:22 2008 ==

^
           == lib/Fuppes.cpp (347) :: Tue Feb 19 10:52:22 2008 ==

new UPnP device:
           Xbox 360 (MediaRenderer)
           == lib/Fuppes.cpp (214) :: Tue Feb 19 11:07:21 2008 ==

^
           == lib/Fuppes.cpp (347) :: Tue Feb 19 11:07:22 2008 ==

new UPnP device:
           Xbox 360 (MediaRenderer)
           == lib/Fuppes.cpp (214) :: Tue Feb 19 11:22:21 2008 ==

^
           == lib/Fuppes.cpp (347) :: Tue Feb 19 11:22:22 2008 ==

new UPnP device:
           Xbox 360 (MediaRenderer)
           == lib/Fuppes.cpp (214) :: Tue Feb 19 11:37:21 2008 ==

^
           == lib/Fuppes.cpp (347) :: Tue Feb 19 11:37:22 2008 ==

new UPnP device:
           Xbox 360 (MediaRenderer)
           == lib/Fuppes.cpp (214) :: Tue Feb 19 11:52:21 2008 ==

^
           == lib/Fuppes.cpp (347) :: Tue Feb 19 11:52:22 2008 ==

new UPnP device:
           Xbox 360 (MediaRenderer)
           == lib/Fuppes.cpp (214) :: Tue Feb 19 12:07:21 2008 ==

^
           == lib/Fuppes.cpp (347) :: Tue Feb 19 12:07:23 2008 ==

new UPnP device:
           Xbox 360 (MediaRenderer)

Sorry for the long list but it just seems odd, for fuppes to keep finding new Xbox360s and then timing out.
      Like I mentioned I have 3 xbox360s on the LAN. One of them is an Elite system, their IPs are dynamic.
      Can anyone explain this behavior or is it normal?
      At the moment my 360 froze around the 120min mark and it will not do anything. The only thing to do is to turn it off and on again.

Any comments Uli, anyone?
      Thanks

• Ross Nye

Ross Nye - 2008-02-20

My 360 does this also, so it's not related to any conflict having 3x 360's on the same LAN. I get the message ever so often and the corresponding libnotify balloon when it happens. You're just getting what I get 3 times over.

So far as video stopping I've seen other people say this, but have never experience it myself. They said around 50 minutes though.

I have had the audio jump on me once - fuppes was resending the same data chunk from the end of an mp3. Whether the 360 was asking for the data or not I don't know as I wasn't logging at the time and it's never happened to me again.

Uli. I've searched for the error message in my output logs (using --log-file and --log-level 3 command switches) and they don't appear in the file. Outputting to the terminal only and the error message appears. Does everything normally sent to the terminal get sent to the log file if used? I guess that's a rhetorical question as I don't think it is.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks