H.264 on PS3

Help
warper4098
2008-01-02
2013-04-25
  • warper4098

warper4098 - 2008-01-02

I am evaluating Fuppes and Twonky media. I really like fuppes but am having issues with playing H.264 videos. They will pause at spots for no apparent reason. I am not seeing this issue on Twonky. Both are running on Opensuse 10.3. I would like to stay with fuppes if possible. Is there a solution to this?

Thanks

• warper4098

warper4098 - 2008-01-08

Bump

• Ulrich Völkel

Ulrich Völkel - 2008-01-08

Sorry, there's no solution for that problem.
      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1817423&group_id=141999&atid=751213

I found no errors in the log I got. Maybe it's somehow related to missing DLNA flags.
      The weired thing is that copying the mp4/h.264 file from fuppes to the PS3 HDD works fine (at least people told me) so I guess it's not a problem related to large files.

Without a PS3 to test I can not ensure that I can fix this at all. Sorry!

- Uli

• Gunder

Gunder - 2008-01-16

Can someone please send Uli a PS3!!!!! :):)

Maybe I should start a Facebook Group to raise the money.... :)

--
      Stein Gunder

• Ryan Courtnage

Ryan Courtnage - 2008-01-16

Does Uli want a PS3?  Put a ChipIn widget on the fuppes website for this purpose, and I'd happily contribute.  Collectively, we could probably raise the $400 inside of a week!

Of course this is only useful if Uli wants to take on the "burden" of having one :-)

• Ulrich Völkel

Ulrich Völkel - 2008-01-19

Well, I think I could live with that ;)
      Honestly, I actually don't need a PS3 because I don't like playing computer games.
      It would be interesting as a media player device but I think there are cheaper devices for this purpose.
      I think it would be a shame if a PS3 gets dusty once I got it completey supported.

- Uli

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks