Error Comparing Filesystems

Help
PsiTrax
2004-12-24
2012-12-07
  • PsiTrax

PsiTrax - 2004-12-24

Hi,

i tried to Sync a local Folder on my Laptop with a FTP Folder.

But it breaks down with the error "An error occured while comparing filesystems".

I use no Buffering and simple ruleset with supdirs.

Does anyone know about this problem?

• Jan Kopcsek

Jan Kopcsek - 2004-12-28

it would be nice if you could send me the "stderr.log" file in fullsyncs "logs" directory so i can investigate it further. maybe you should have a look at it first, but i strongly doubt that there are any person infos in there.

• alicroche

alicroche - 2005-02-01

Same error here (copy of stderr.log follows)
      the profile used :
      source : sftp server
      destination : local (XP SP2)
      type : Publish/Update
      SyncSubs : yes
      buffer : tried both with same result

-----stderr.log
      java.lang.NullPointerException
          at net.sourceforge.fullsync.schedule.SchedulerImpl.run(SchedulerImpl.java:116)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
      net.sourceforge.fullsync.FileSystemException: an exception occured:
      nested exception:
      java.io.IOException: Could not connect
          at net.sourceforge.fullsync.fs.connection.SftpConnection.connect(SftpConnection.java:71)
          at net.sourceforge.fullsync.fs.connection.SftpConnection.<init>(SftpConnection.java:45)
          at net.sourceforge.fullsync.fs.sftp.SftpFileSystem.createConnection(SftpFileSystem.java:24)
          at net.sourceforge.fullsync.FileSystemManager.createConnection(FileSystemManager.java:42)
          at net.sourceforge.fullsync.impl.AbstractProcessor.execute(AbstractProcessor.java:93)
          at net.sourceforge.fullsync.Synchronizer.executeProfile(Synchronizer.java:45)
          at net.sourceforge.fullsync.ui.MainWindow._doRunProfile(MainWindow.java:613)
          at net.sourceforge.fullsync.ui.MainWindow.access$400(MainWindow.java:52)
          at net.sourceforge.fullsync.ui.MainWindow$24.run(MainWindow.java:591)
      net.sourceforge.fullsync.FileSystemException: an exception occured:
          at net.sourceforge.fullsync.fs.sftp.SftpFileSystem.createConnection(SftpFileSystem.java:26)
          at net.sourceforge.fullsync.FileSystemManager.createConnection(FileSystemManager.java:42)
          at net.sourceforge.fullsync.impl.AbstractProcessor.execute(AbstractProcessor.java:93)
          at net.sourceforge.fullsync.Synchronizer.executeProfile(Synchronizer.java:45)
          at net.sourceforge.fullsync.ui.MainWindow._doRunProfile(MainWindow.java:613)
          at net.sourceforge.fullsync.ui.MainWindow.access$400(MainWindow.java:52)
          at net.sourceforge.fullsync.ui.MainWindow$24.run(MainWindow.java:591)
      ---

• mark84

mark84 - 2005-03-25

codewright, Hope I'm not annoying you with all my thoughts and suggestions. Just trying to help FullSync be the best it can  :)

Yeah, I got this error when I tried to do a sync with my USB lappy HDD unplugged on purpose to see what would happen if an auto sync was supposed to happen but couldn't connect with the destination directory.

But a few other things don't happen after this phase that I think should.

1. After you click ok or whatever on the error message, the profiles comment changes from the user entered one to "An error occured while comparing filesystems" and the profile icon gets a little red cross on it. Which is fair enough. But if you run the profile again and it successfully executes, the comment and the icon stay unchanged. If the profile successfully runs it should remove the error message and icon.

2. After the error occurs the sync schedualer doesn't increment the time untill next update. Thus it doesn't try to sync again untill the user manually restarts the count. When you do this, only then does the error message and icon revert back to normal. You might want to make it so that it still tries to auto sync at the given interval just incase the connection couldn't be made last time for some reason. Another option might be to have the error massage ask if you want to try to reconnect to the destination again, so that the user can try and do something about the connection before they hit retry.

Hope that makes sense :)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks