Menu

u-he tyrellN6 still hangs on raising the editor.

2024-01-09
2024-03-12
  • Christopher Oliver

U-he products (e.g. TyrellN6) hang fsthost when attempting to bring up the editor. Build is the head of the SVN with GTK3, WINE 8.2.1, and GCC 11.2.0. This happened before, and I don't think it pertains to the build platform. Previously I ran those with the older version 1.5.x, but that now exits when I try to attach a MIDI device. Is there any chance you could grab a copy of TyrellN6 and try to debug this since you know your code far better than I do?

• Christopher Oliver

I tried to bisect this problem, and the best I could do was confine it between commits r344 (Reorganize code - subdirectories) which was the last that would show an edit screen, and r354 (just more imprevements) where it would hang when one tries to raise the editor. The intervening commits would simply produce a WINE crash.

• The Xj

The Xj - 2024-02-28

Thanks for this investigation. For now I can confirm this issue. I'm not actively maintain this code anymore, but I'll try to do something with this ASAP.

• The Xj

The Xj - 2024-03-12

Well. it's fixed starting from revision 574 :)
    The culprit was rev354 where I added window resize code. Sorry for commit message, I was extremely busy at the time, using this software in my band. I coded this mostly at night and at that time I just commit what was in trunk :(

The issue was cause because this plugin tried to resize editor window before it was fully opened.