Menu

Cannot build on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

2016-05-27
2016-10-19
  • Nolan Nixon

Nolan Nixon - 2016-05-27
    Package libxml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libxml-2.0.pc'
    to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
    No package 'libxml-2.0' found
    Package libxml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libxml-2.0.pc'
    to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
    No package 'libxml-2.0' found
    gcc -c  -m32  -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-multichar -march=native -mfpmath=sse -fPIC -I. -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/wine -I/usr/include/wine/windows -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu   -o fsthost_32.o fsthost.c
    fsthost.c:31:18: fatal error: glib.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    Makefile:129: recipe for target 'fsthost_32.o' failed
    make: *** [fsthost_32.o] Error 1

I've tried this one two laptops. I was able to compile this using the AUR on Antergos a while back ago.

• brian

brian - 2016-07-17

I get the same build error. Any news?

brian

• brian

brian - 2016-07-17

Actually, my error is a bit different:

brian@brian-BM5242-BM5342-BM5642:~/Tarballs/fsthost-1.6.2$ make
    gcc -c  -m32 -pthread -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/gtk-3.0 -I/usr/include/at-spi2-atk/2.0 -I/usr/include/at-spi-2.0 -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dbus-1.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-3.0 -I/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0/ -I/usr/include/mirclient -I/usr/include/mircommon -I/usr/include/mircookie -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/harfbuzz -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include -g -O2 -Wall -fPIC -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-multichar -march=native -mfpmath=sse -I. -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/wine -I/usr/include/wine/windows -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu   -o fsthost_32.o fsthost.c
    In file included from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include/glibconfig.h:9:0,
                     from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gtypes.h:32,
                     from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/galloca.h:32,
                     from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib.h:30,
                     from fsthost.c:31:
    /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gtypes.h: In function ‘_GLIB_CHECKED_ADD_U64’:
    /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gmacros.h:232:53: error: size of array ‘_GStaticAssertCompileTimeAssertion_0’ is negative
     #define G_STATIC_ASSERT(expr) typedef char G_PASTE (_GStaticAssertCompileTimeAs
                                                         ^
    /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gmacros.h:229:47: note: in definition of macro ‘G_PASTE_ARGS’
     #define G_PASTE_ARGS(identifier1,identifier2) identifier1 ## identifier2
                                                   ^
    /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gmacros.h:232:44: note: in expansion of macro ‘G_PASTE’
     #define G_STATIC_ASSERT(expr) typedef char G_PASTE (_GStaticAssertCompileTimeAs
                                                ^
    /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gtypes.h:422:3: note: in expansion of macro ‘G_STATIC_ASSERT’
       G_STATIC_ASSERT(sizeof (unsigned long long) == sizeof (guint64));
       ^
    Makefile:128: recipe for target 'fsthost_32.o' failed
    make: *** [fsthost_32.o] Error 1

• brian

brian - 2016-07-25

A working solution with the help from the guys at linux-magazine.it: for 64-bit computers, change line 4 in the makefile from 32 to 64. Then compile.

brian

• The Xj

The Xj - 2016-07-25

No. When you change line 4 to 64 you will only build fsthost64, but without fsthost32. Standard makefile is trying to build both fsthost32 and fsthost64. If you want build only fsthost64 then type "make PLAT=64".

• Kristijan Pleško

I am getting the same error.

/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gmacros.h:232:53: error: size of array ‘_GStaticAssertCompileTimeAssertion_0’ is negative

What is the solution?

• The Xj

The Xj - 2016-10-19

You need to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable when build 32bit version.
    On arch you can use my official AUR package.
    https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=fsthost

On which distribution you compile it ?