Menu

cannot compile

Wintermute
2013-09-08
2013-09-09
  • Wintermute

Wintermute - 2013-09-08

Hello, I've been trying to get this to work for some time now; when doing 'make' it results in:

jfst.c: In function 'jvst_connect':
    jfst.c:591:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'jack_free' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    jfst.c: In function 'WinMain':
    jfst.c:852:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'jack_set_info_function' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    jfst.c:856:52: error: 'JackSessionID' undeclared (first use in this function)
    jfst.c:856:52: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
    jfst.c:869:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'jack_set_thread_creator' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    make: *** [jfst_32.o] Error 1

I have all the required dependencies as far as I know so .. any ideas ?

• The Xj

The Xj - 2013-09-08

Hi,

Please provide me which version of FSTHost you try to compile and which version of Jack you have (and maybe which distro you use). Are you sure that you have jack-devel or similar package installed ?

• Wintermute

Wintermute - 2013-09-08

I'm on Crunchbang, I've tried 1.5.2 as well as 1.5.1 and 1.4.0; I'm not sure which version I'm supposed to use so I've tried both jack1(0.121) and jack2(1.9.8) + their corresponding dev packages.

• Wintermute

Wintermute - 2013-09-09

Ok, Synaptic has 1.9.8 as the latest but I've managed to install 1.9.9 from the official site (tried before but had a faulty g++ and figured it'd not make much of a difference anyway, my bad) and it seems to solve the problem; well, created fsthost32 so I believe that's a success. Soo sorry for this little inconvenience and thanks for your time!

• The Xj

The Xj - 2013-09-09

Fine. So , as far as you already defeat FSTHost compile process .. maybe you are interested to support package for CrunchBang ? I try to provide support for you. There exists already packages for Arch , Slitaz , Ubuntu ( in KXStudio repo - but it is outdated). Once I saw also slackbuild .. so there are a lot of hints in this area.

Last edit: The Xj 2013-09-09