Menu

"Failed to load disk image" (Beta 4.1c)

Help
2005-04-23
2013-04-03
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I'm using a Tungsten E with a 128 meg SD card. I have a bunch of RPGs (as well as the C64 version of Metal Gear) loaded onto the SD card in the proper directory. However, many of the game disks simply refuse to load when I select them from the file manager and hit Load. I get a "Failed to load disk image" with a reset button, though hitting that button just returns me to the emulator. A few even show some short gibberish following this message, including one that was running before (Phantasie I side A), using this same copy of the emulator, but isn't loading now. Bard's Tale 2 and 3 also don't load...neither does Might and Magic 2. And to top it off, I was making the save disks for Wizard's Crown, only to be hit with that aforementioned error when trying to insert the second disk image of the game.

• TomB

TomB - 2005-04-24

I'm also using a Tungsten E and I have no problems to use any of the disks you mentioned. Do you have installed the mmc-update (http://www.palmone.com/us/support/downloads/tungstene/sdioupdate.html) which is required to use SD cards with more than 64 MB on Tungsten E?
      Some of the above mentioned games won't run correctly because of the loader routine they use (i.e Bards Tale 2 and 3, but Bards Tale 1 should run).