Menu

Frodo 4.1cBeta4 and LifeDrive

Help
2005-11-16
2013-04-03
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Frodo works wonderfully on my LifeDrive.  I have only noted a few problems:

1) It doesn't handle landscape mode very well

2) Can't run Q-Link :P  (Did I read that this is because Frodo doesn't support write to disk?)

3) Gauntlet II is REALLY jacked: intro sound is scrambled.  Haven't made it into game.

4) In buffered 256 mode, colors are pink/white

5) Sound is always delayed, about .33-.5 seconds.

Wish-list:

Would like to see a lot of the TODO list completed, especially being able to load .P00/.PRG files from SD.  A serial port emulator when the system is connected to a modem or cellular phone with modem capabilities (via Bluetooth or IrDA) would be really cool.  Lastly, a serial port to TCP emulation would be cool for use with Q-Link and Telnet BBSs.

Games I've successfully played so far:

Gauntlet, Trolls & Tribulations, Arkanoid II, Barbarian, DuoTris.

It's really nice to have this working... sure beats the hell out of most native PalmOS games available.

• TomB

TomB - 2005-11-18

Hi,

I never tested Frodo in landscape mode because on my device (Tungsten E) it make's no sense.
      You can write back to disk if you switch on 1541 emulation mode.
      Does Gauntlet II works on Frodo for Windows (important: not Frodo_SC or Frodo_PC)?
      I have to check the color in buffered 256 mode.
      To get rid of sound delay is not so easy and I have currently no idea how to improve this.

I was busy for the past months and I hope to work on Frodo again in december.

Regards,
      Tom

• TomB

TomB - 2005-12-11

Now I tested Gauntlet II and it works fine if you use full 1541 emulation mode.
      The colors in buffered 256 mode are fine on my device, so I don't know what's the problem.

Regards,
      Tom