Games that work

Help
2005-08-09
2013-04-03
  • Nobody/Anonymous

So far I have had success with:

Karateka
    Arkanoid
    Roadwar Europa, first disk ONLY (no detailed combat)

* Failures:

Defender of Crown
    Phantasie 1,3
    Colonial Conquest
    ... and a few others I forget!

Note: Using Treo 650

• Nobody/Anonymous

Defender of Crown works with enabled 1541 Emulation (see Obscure dialog).

• Nobody/Anonymous

On a Tungsten C:
      Archon, Lode Runner, Toy Bizarre, Zenji

• Nobody/Anonymous

I got Dino Eggs to work on my T2!  Although, I will say this.  When I tried to drag and drop the d64 file onto Pippin, I got an error message, "Flavor refused."  Well, we know that Hobbits rarely if ever refuse any flavor.  So, I went through the menu system in Pippin, added the file that way and was easily able to convert the game to a PDB.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I can get Ultima 3 to work but it hangs on the journey onward page!
      I think it has to do with the fact that you have a scenario disk and a save game/player disk!
      Any one able to get this working?
      Any help would be appreciated!
      thanks
      Kingspud

• Nobody/Anonymous

Have you tried loading the other disk image right before it always hangs?  If instead you were waiting for a prompt to insert a different disk, multi disk games will often hang before that can happen.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Works: Wonderboy,Donald Duck, Moon Buggy ,Moon patrol, Donkey kong, Dan Dare,Ruperts Party, Pengo, Paradroid, Digdug, Zeppelin, Jet set willy, Staff of karnarth, Krystals of zong, Burning Rubber, Buggy boy, Bubble bobble, couldron, Cobra, nova, dandare2, alice in wonderland

Don't work: Wonderboy in monster land, Hotwheels, Lemmings, Simpsons

palm t3

• Nobody/Anonymous

Anyone get miner 2049'er to work?  Once I clear the first screen, everything turns black.  Bounty Bob's Revenge freezes on the high score screen.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I have been playing Pirates on the latest version of Frodo.  But it crashed out once and all my d64 files disappeared and were replaced with one called 'nuked'.  But I love this game and am trying again.  To get it to work I had to load disk one and when it asks for the second disk I turn 1541 emulation on.  I am using a palm tx and had been playing music with an old version of pocket tunes.  After the crash I got a newer version as pocket tunes wouldn't even open anymore after this crash.  So, I am not sure if it was Frodo or ptunes causing the error.

I also tried Law of the West and oddly the opponents text does not display, other than that it plays ok.

• TomB

TomB - 2007-06-21

I tried Pirates with 1541 emulation turned on for disk one and two and have no problems (I placed the d64 files on the SD card).
        When I switch off 1541 emulation for disk one, I get a C64 error message, but no crash (on Treo 650, Frodo 4.2 Beta2).
        Regards,
        Tom

• Nobody/Anonymous

all my games are .v64, I cant seem to find any d's or t's is there a way to convert them?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Working:

Maniac Mansion
      Dragon's Liar
      The Train
      Time Tunnel
      Montezuma's Revenge
      Master of the Lamps
      Power at Sea
      Toy Bizzare
      Bruce Lee
      Popeye

Not Working:
      Centipede
      World Games
      Impossible Mission
      Zak McKracken

Using Frodo 4.2 Beta 3 (latest that I know of) on a 700p

• TomB

TomB - 2007-08-27

Try single cycle emulation for games which not working in standard emulation. For example, Impossible Mission works fine.

Regards.