Menu

Joystick direction mismatches...

Help
2006-02-01
2013-04-03
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I have a treo 650, and the joystick interprets left as down and down as right, and no other buttons seem to work.

This is not only when mapping hardkeys, but also when using the TINY little joystick icon, AND when using the "screen as joystick" option.

At the command prompt, pressing UP does nothing, LEFT types a space, down displays a left arrow, and right echoes a 2 (and occasionally an 8).

Any ideas what's wrong?

• Nobody/Anonymous

To the characters in command prompt: it's the normal behavior of the C64 to display these characters when using joystick in port 1.

Problem with joystick: never heard something like that. Any background software (hacks) running?

• Nobody/Anonymous

No, no hacks or anything.  This is a fresh Treo650, only installed a few simple games on it.

On most of the games I simply swapped over to using joystick2 and it seems to work OK.

• silurius

silurius - 2007-02-22

Same issues here with my 700p.  New device, a few basic apps installed, but no weird hacks or anything I can think of that might impact Frodopalm.  Of course, I've yet to see if this is the same for all "reported working" games.