Menu

sound on the T2 is crumbly

2003-11-24
2003-12-03
  • Nobody/Anonymous

whatever which frequency or screen mode, the audio sounds allways crumbly on my Tungsten T2.
    Please, please, are there any enhancements planned in this case?

otherwise, awesome work Johan!

• Johan Forsberg

Johan Forsberg - 2003-11-25

Crumbly? What's that supposed to mean?

On my T1 the sound is tinny, but with the headphones on it's indistinguishable from a real C=64. Except for filters which aren't emulated yet. And that every 20s or so there's a small click because of a buffer underrun.

Oh, and about the '%' meter: It displays screen update frequency as you surmised, but the CPU and sound are always prioritized above graphics. As long as the '%' is larger than 10, main emulation speed and sound should both be 100% perfect, authentic C=64.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-12-01

I experienced crumbly sounds on a Zire 71 too but not in all games. For example in Dragon Ninja In this game I had to disable the sprite collisions, otherwise the fighters (sprites) doesn't appear. but in any case, the sound is scrumbly.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Running Time Tunnel on the T2, I too experience what may be described as a "crumbly sound."  It is constant popping and buzzing noise that occurs when the music in the background is playing.

I have experimented with all of the settings under Graphics and Sounds and nothing seems to help.  I have also used the headphone jack, just to make sure it wasn't the internal speaker.

I have noticed the same problem with the following games:

Goonies
      Donkey Kong
      Moon Patrol
      Ghostbusters
      (and most others for that matter)

Still, very playable and it makes the Commodore geek in me very happy!

• Nobody/Anonymous

ammendment to previous message:

After reading the Zodiac thread:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=977941&forum_id=327749

I found that if I turned off turbo, the sound improved, but performance got really jerky and there were still popping noises, though just not as many