Menu

PlaySID

2003-12-15
2003-12-16
  • Nobody/Anonymous

On a topic related to Frodo, I don't suppose you'd consider porting the SIDplay engine to the Palm/Sony architecture, would you? The reason I ask is that .SID files (which contain the sounds and play-routines from the old C64 programs - Google for "High Voltage SID Collection") are tiny and plentiful, yet contain complex music which would sound great from even a Palm speaker.

And if you felt the inclination to enable .SID files to be used as alarms... oh my, I feel a retro-geek-out coming on! :-)

-JeFurry.

• Johan Forsberg

Johan Forsberg - 2003-12-15

My nokia ring signal is Sanxion main. I would dearly love having some *quality* SID music for alarms on my Palm... Unfortunately I have *no* idea how to install an audio-generating program as an alarm on the Palm.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I understand - shame. I don't either, or I'd offer to help, but I'm not a Palm developer. Still, a PlaySID program might be a welcome break from PalmFrodo, even if it doesn't operate as an alarm handler.

Just to remind you... your efforts on PalmFrodo are very much appreciated! Thank you!

-JeFurry.