Menu

General notes on Zire 71

Anonymous
2003-12-18
2004-07-01
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-12-18

I set the 5-way joystick to work as the joystick and the calendar hard key (Key1) as the button. When the joystick is pressed diagonally up and left and the button is pressed, it kicks into calendar. When I set the button to the Address Book key (Key2), it kicks into address book when down-right and button press. I'm guessing Keys3 and 4 are affected by the other diagonals, but haven't tested yet.  (And it doesn't matter what applications the keys are set to). Doesn't affect "virtual joystick," so on-screen is the only choice for full diagonal movement.

Most of the time I hit f7 in BASIC (for LOAD"$",8), I get the following: Fatal alert: MemoryMgr.c, Line:3727, ptr is handle. Reset. This happens when I type the LOAD"$",8 as well.

Despite beta bugs, I AM LOVING THIS! Great job, Johan! Thanks for giving more new life to the programs and games we grew up with!

Rik

• Nobody/Anonymous

I've solved the problem assigning the fire button to Frodo itself.

• Ryan Quillinan

Ryan Quillinan - 2004-01-02

This is a known bug on all OS5 Palms with a 5-way navigation doodad.  If you press diagonally and a hardware key, it may fire off a different hardware key.
      It happens in any game and I don't think it can be fixed...

• Nobody/Anonymous

>>It happens in any game and I don't think it can be fixed...

This is not a bug with the Palms - its a bug in Frodo. This can be fixed.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-01-05

I believe Nobody is correct, as this problem doesn't seem to occur in Xcade, for example.

• Ryan Quillinan

Ryan Quillinan - 2004-01-08

Heh.  Well check this out.  Quit to the PalmOS Launcher, press up+left and then the notepad button.  You'll go to the Datebook...  I swear to you guys, it's PalmOS 5.

• Nobody/Anonymous

It may be a prob with the OS, but surely frodo can disable that particular function while it's active?

• Nobody/Anonymous

btw, regardless of which graphic options I choose, I can't seem to get games to run at their usual speed. Seem to run at about 70% the normal rate.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Use Lightspeed to overclock, all my games now run perfectly at 100 % even The Last Ninja! :)))

You can download from www.clievideo.com

• Nobody/Anonymous

SolidSnakz, indeed it switches to the calendar cause thats the function of this hardware key ;) . But within games where its events are called it shouldnt happen. Tried it now with XCade and no prb at all with pressing diagonaly and hardware button 1.