Menu

External Memory Support?

2003-11-24
2003-11-25
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Will Frodo be able to load from sd cards in the future?  I know that I have to move it to the internal ram before the games show up on the emulator.  Also, even though I copied from the sd card to the ram, some games didn't even show up on the list, and even with the games that show up, it doesn't appear in my palm tealmover directory.

• Johan Forsberg

Johan Forsberg - 2003-11-25

Frodo *can* load from sd already! Make a .pdb with Pippin and put it in /Palm/programs/Frodo . The games will show up in File Manager, with a "X" for eXternal prepended.

My main game database is a 100 MB .pdb on my sd card.

Loading unpackaged .d64s and .t64s from the card should be in the next version.

Now,
      1) How did you copy from sd->ram?
      2) Are you sure that the missing games were actually IN the .pdb (look at the "out" column in Pippin when you create the .pdb).
      3) What the heck is tealmover?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Tealmover is just a file manager for the palm, like Filez.  Thanks for the advice, I didn't move it to a palm/programs/frodo directory, I think that is why.  For some reason, the file manager doesn't show all the games that I have on the rom database when I copy the stuff to the ram, I think that is where it goes..to the frodo database...I would reset it and it pops up again.